Ian Murray Will Come Good

If St Mirren bagged murray, would they not be paying 3 different managers for sitting on their arses?

That would be quite a sum of money to be paying out for no return, plus paying for a new manager

as well.

Didmthe Mclean fee not go towards paying TC?

tealzo,only got the gig till season end, I heard he terminated his playing contract by mutual consent. So only one dud and his sidekick left to compromise out of the business.

tealzo,only got the gig till season end, I heard he terminated his playing contract by mutual consent. So only one dud and his sidekick left to compromise out of the business.

Mutual consent can mean we either paid him a lump sum or are paying part of his remaining contract every month.

As far as I know TC wanted the full contract paid up and we are still paying him the same amount every month as we were when he was here.

Eh? It takes time? How much time? How many years do you think customers should accept shite performances for? And how will the adage of time, with the club continuing to lose cheaply week after week, suddenly turn things around for the club?

To turn a club in free fall around you need to first make the side difficult to score against, and then get the side scoring more goals than the opposition on a regular basis. If the manager can't organise his side to do this then a new manager is exactly what is needed, and sooner rather than later before the little fragile remnants of confidence amongst the players in the squad depletes any further.

St Mirren's biggest issue right now is that whoever is responsible for recruiting managers is f**king shite at it.

As anon St Mirren supporter I am surprised as to why you frequent this site and post stuff about a club you do not support?

Mutual consent can mean we either paid him a lump sum or are paying part of his remaining contract every month.

As far as I know TC wanted the full contract paid up and we are still paying him the same amount every month as we were when he was here.

Usually managers opt for the lump sum, as being paid up each month is acwage stripped of win/performance bonuses. That said if the Bod were pauing TC till contract end it makes a more compelling case to ditch Murray before he starts to cost hundreds of thousands!

Doesn't matter if you don't think you are a customer, if you pay for a service, product or information.... Thats exactly what you are.

There are plenty of Saints fans around the world who 'Support' the club, but dont buy any of its services. Perhaps you are suggesting if you dont attend games that makes you a supporter, but if you do you are a customer..?

Surely a supporter is, by definition, someone who supports the club. Either financially through the gate or at the till and perhaps vocally

Someone who checks the scores and talks about Saints affectionately could be better described as a follower. Someone who follows the fortunes of the club. For me, someone can be both a supporter and a customer but they can't be classed as a supporter if they aren't customers.

Edited by stlucifer

I've always classed myself a St Mirren supporter , even when I was running football teams on a Saturday and only caught a few Saints' games.

Oxford Dictionary : Supporter - A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team !

I've always classed myself a St Mirren supporter , even when I was running football teams on a Saturday and only caught a few Saints' games.

Oxford Dictionary : Supporter - A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team !

Dammit

I could have been a supporter for aw these years without paying in.

I disagree. Some of the 'football' played under Teale was brutal. Amazing how quickly some have forgotten 0-5 v Well, 0-3 v County and 0-3 v Thistle. Don't take this as an endorsement of Murray as it is not but I doubt Teale would be doing as well as you think he would.

Agreed. We took some proper humpings last year. I feel this year whilst performances have not been great it is fine margins. We have drawn to many games, or lost points in the final 10mins of games. I honestly don't feel we are far away from turning things round. Games like Falkirk were a killer, not only to lose, but having our best attacking option stretchered off.

I agree with that IoBS.........can I ask, out of interest however, is it as a customer or as a supporter that you're not attending the game this Saturday?

Good one. If it was a league game I probably would attend. The fact I think Dunfermline will beat us added to the fact I leave on Sunday for a 5 week offshore trip in far off waters makes me want to spend my last day with my wife walking on the beach with my wife and dog then going for a home made scone and coffee just seems better. Also the ferry from Rothesay has moved to Gourock for the next few months making it an hours sail from Rothesay adds to negative feeling of traveling which I will have to do on the Sunday traveling for 16 hours.

Good one. If it was a league game I probably would attend. The fact I think Dunfermline will beat us added to the fact I leave on Sunday for a 5 week offshore trip in far off waters makes me want to spend my last day with my wife walking on the beach with my wife and dog then going for a home made scone and coffee just seems better. Also the ferry from Rothesay has moved to Gourock for the next few months making it an hours sail from Rothesay adds to negative feeling of traveling which I will have to do on the Sunday traveling for 16 hours.

So if you thought we had a chance of beating the opposition would you turn up?

If St Mirren bagged murray, would they not be paying 3 different managers for sitting on their arses?

That would be quite a sum of money to be paying out for no return, plus paying for a new manager

as well.

Plus when we pay off the new manager, whoever he is. whistling.gif

The ferry taking longer on a day when you have other, and on the face of it better, options I can understand but don't give us all this nonsense about wife and dog walking before heading back to sea........you'll be in the pub watching the rugby, a pint in hand and a smile on your face!!

Difference between GT and IM: GT couldn't identify a player during his tenure, IM clearly can but is lacking in formation/tactical awareness. If we could somehow blend the two then we would be on to something!

We really need change or an experienced assistant.

I said as much a couple of weeks ago. Alex Miller has offered his services before could be useful for a few months. In my job have been sent to help guide new unit managers it's good practice .

Difference between GT and IM: GT couldn't identify a player during his tenure, IM clearly can but is lacking in formation/tactical awareness. If we could somehow blend the two then we would be on to something!

We really need change or an experienced assistant.

How do we know GT couldn't identify a player during his tenure? He was told he was going to remain 'interim manager until the end of the season unless any of the consortia looking to buy complete the deal in which case you're out a job' 3 days before the transfer window shut. He was given no funds and told to fund any January dealings from savings made by moving players on. No one disagreed when Teale moved to axe Drury, Plummer, Marwood, Caldwell etc. Arquin looked fine when he was creating space for McLean. Gow was a desperate punt as a freebie out of contract player signed after the window closed and after we had lost McLean on the last day of the window. GT also complained that several targets he identified for January ended up at rival clubs after SMFC could not convince them to sign for a club in relegation trouble, with an interim manager and a board trying to sell to some Argentinians with a shady history - and we wonder why they chose to go elsewhere?

How do we know GT couldn't identify a player during his tenure? He was told he was going to remain 'interim manager until the end of the season unless any of the consortia looking to buy complete the deal in which case you're out a job' 3 days before the transfer window shut. He was given no funds and told to fund any January dealings from savings made by moving players on. No one disagreed when Teale moved to axe Drury, Plummer, Marwood, Caldwell etc. Arquin looked fine when he was creating space for McLean. Gow was a desperate punt as a freebie out of contract player signed after the window closed and after we had lost McLean on the last day of the window. GT also complained that several targets he identified for January ended up at rival clubs after SMFC could not convince them to sign for a club in relegation trouble, with an interim manager and a board trying to sell to some Argentinians with a shady history - and we wonder why they chose to go elsewhere?

The Argentinians were at least making their club cash via squad turnover, unlike DL. I'm still not convinced it would have been a disaster for us, but then any owner could be a disaster.

As wee Gus once said

"Show me the money"

I wouldn't have grudged the consortium making a bit of money if they'd been able to do it quickly but it's six years and counting, time for them to put a time limit for new owners to make a bid, say the end of the season, or sell to us at a price we can afford.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I wouldn't have grudged the consortium making a bit of money if they'd been able to do it quickly but it's six years and counting, time for them to put a time limit for new owners to make a bid, say the end of the season, or sell to us at a price we can afford.

Dont think it's something you can put a time limit on going by that past six years. Clearly it has to be a sound financial plan. Can't see any buyers outwith GLS and the fans on that all we know is talks are on going. We have had a successful period under SG in my opinion. We might not like how long it is taking but it has to be right for the club.