Confirmed - Alex Miller In

Kemp

So the board have brought in an old sevco fud, to "Help" the ex sevco dud....

Never in a million years is this a step in the right direction, Millar will have absolutely nothing in common with our younger players, and will ruin them. Murray wont stand up to him, its a recipe for disaster, and one that only this board could cook up!

Hands up anyone who even remotely mentioned Millar as a replacement/helper for the dearly departed Spalders???

Now theres a good reason why no one mentioned him as a possible.... Because he has had it, and made a right mess when he was here TWENTY YEARS ago! Thats our board always looking forward... I half expected them to dig up Jim Clunie! But then again he was never a ***!

Edited by Lord Pityme

So the board have brought in an old sevco fud, to "Help" the ex sevco dud....

Never in a million years is this a step in the right direction, Millar will have absolutely nothing in common with our younger players, and will ruin them. Murray wont stand up to him, its a recipe for disaster, and one that only this board could cook up!

Hands up anyone who even remotely mentioned Millar as a replacement/helper for the dearly departed Spalders???

Now theres a good reason why no one mentioned him as a possible.... Because he has had it, and made a right mess when he was here TWENTY YEARS ago! Thats our board always looking forward... I half expected them to dig up Jim Clunie! But then again he was never a ***!

Miller threw his hat in the ring pre-season T , but was overlooked. It's short termist I agree , but if he can whip the slackers into shape that'll do for starters !

This is bizarre, Alex Miller is exactly what we need. He is an experienced coach who has worked with world class players in his recent past. Let's not forget Liverpool won the Champions league whilst he was coaching there. I'm not suggesting it was solely down to him but he was part of the set up.

IIRC during his first term here we regularly finished in the top 4 and were in semi finals and finals of cups regularly. It could be argued it was his team who went on to win the Scottish cup in '87

Edited by Lethal89

We are a club in crisis and this looks like the last throw of the dice. Miller wouldn't be my choice. I thought he was a very poor appointment last time. The circumstances are of course very different this time. The first team squad is really poor and much worse than it was when Miller last managed us and he has been able to operate at some very decent clubs so who knows how much better he is as a coach. For the club's sake I hope this works but I suspect our loyalty is going to be tested to the limit for a long time now.

Let's hope he has contacts that he can use to get us a few new faces in quickly to freshen things up. In the short term let's hope the players are given the boot up the arse they sorely need and Miller is just the man for that :)

Was head of scouting at Anfield from 1999 to 2004 when he was made coach by Rafa, so hoping he still has some contacts in that field.

.....Havng identified his successor, who went on to become a Saints legend. Pretty shrewd judgement I'd say. Not to mention the transfer fee that saved us by not having to sign a first team replacement.

I think we should have got more money for Thompson though same as McDougall and Fulton

He did bring through a few youth players in Hamilton,Winnie,Cameron and Lambert

Pantomime season starts earlier every year.

Not at all sure what to make of this.

I'm with Drew on this. I didn't like the Miller years when he was here last time. However desperate times require desperate measures.

Last spin of the dice, let's hope it works out.