Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

This still only in the sin bin section? Bit weird.

The worst St Mirren manager of all time, according to the stats at least. I agree with them. What a disaster his tenure has been.

He’s took a bad situation and went and made it worse. He’s a nice guy by all accounts but he must be held to account for this disgrace.

I believe it’s half term. He could be back teaching PE by Wednesday, and I’m sure that would suit everyone just fine. I would be sure to remember my kit.

Tick f**king tock.

I’m split on this... he seems very tactically enept. But I don’t think chopping and changing managers is the answer either. He seems to have the backing of the squad and a nice likeable guy but that doesn’t get you points on the board unfortunately.

Think we all wanted him to do well, but I think this might be a bit over his head if honest. He needs to turn round things quickly as a lot of people’s patience are starting to wear thin. It’s his players now so no excuses.

honestly can’t wait to see the back of this season, it’s been grim since the beginning.

Just rip it up and start again......again! 

OK is not the man we need for a relegation fight or for a shot at the championship title. The players we’ve signed aren’t either. 

Get rid of the manager now and bring in an established Scottish manager who’s going to come in and take proper charge of the place. Billy Davies/Billy Stark duo or Jim Goodwin. 

Start to sign the better championship players on pre contract agreements and try and get popescu signed then get the house in order behind the scenes. Play the young boys like Erhahon, McPherson and Breadner until the end of the season so they’re fully ready to go for next season when we flush out all this junk we’ve brought in........again! All this signing guys from Slovakia, Croatia, Haiti etc was never going to work at a club like us and at a time we need passion, fight and stability. 

Oh and get Gus as far away as possible from our club.

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

This still only in the sin bin section? Bit weird.

The worst St Mirren manager of all time, according to the stats at least. I agree with them. What a disaster his tenure has been.

He’s took a bad situation and went and made it worse. He’s a nice guy by all accounts but he must be held to account for this disgrace.

I believe it’s half term. He could be back teaching PE by Wednesday, and I’m sure that would suit everyone just fine. I would be sure to remember my kit.

Tick f**king tock.

At least your consistent wanting every manager and his dog sacked. Was you the embarrassing numpty on Radio Clyde phone in calling for Oran to be sacked ? Oran has just built a new team and you want him saked :lol:

At least your consistent wanting every manager and his dog sacked. Was you the embarrassing numpty on Radio Clyde phone in calling for Oran to be sacked ? Oran has just built a new team and you want him saked [emoji38]. 
I'm sorry but having a new team isn't an excuse. We can't keep giving every new manager a new team before they can't start getting results. They need to work with what they have, there's a lot of guys and girls out there that could at least get us looking more organised than what we have done.

1 minute ago, gc_SMFC said:

I'm sorry but having a new team isn't an excuse. We can't keep giving every new manager a new team before they can't start getting results. They need to work with what they have, there's a lot of guys and girls out there that could at least get us looking more organised than what we have done.

It's not a excuse it's logic. I'm out of here for a party till tomorrow byeeee 

I don't believe in calling for a manager to be sacked. That's a decision for the board. Football is a harsh business. Results count but I can think of several instances where patience paid off. One was here at Saints when we showed patience with Ross. Another, more impressively involved another ex manager of ours - Sir Alex at Man U.

Man up guys and support the club

And the manager until such times that they are not - as decided by the board.

By all means show your opinion at games as the crowd did at half time today. But turn up. 

As I said in the other thread

Stubbs was punted after 9 games, Rae 11 games into the 16/17 season (6 league games) - after the Livi game (the 9th of 2019) should be time enough to get a sense of whether OKs revamped team is an improvement of what we had before the break,

I don't want or expect OK to be fired at the end of the month but you have to set a target for the season - as I've said before if we were relegated via the play-offs I'd give OK a chance in the Championship, likewise if we finish bottom but are only relegated on say the final day I'd probably feel the same but if we're relegated before the split then I'd not have much confidence in him building a succesful team for the Championship. In the last case would you trust him with the remainder of the McGinn windfall?

I'm sorry but naming two managers from a 30 year time period isn't logic.

Ross for all his results and signing policy being bad in the first season and winter onwards, and a visible improvement in results. Kearney hasn't achieved that.

Keeping a bad manager for the sake of not having to sack another manager is ridiculous. There's no defence for our results this season.

I get the hostility towards OK.
For me , I think he seems like a good guy and genuinely wants our club to be successful but there is a little bit ( but increasing) bit of me who thinks he may well have underestimated the size of the task involved. Like Stubbs believed non league players was what was needed , has OK thought “it can’t be that different form Irish football ?”
One thing however puzzles me. What role does the vastly experienced Jimmy Yoda Nicholl play in all this ?
He has experience in playing , coaching and managing in Scotland , he is generally considered to be a fairly decent coach by all accounts and was brought in to add some experience to the back room team .
What has gone wrong ?

Tactics and team selection raising a lot of questions right now. He’s surrounded by experienced guys tho so should at least be better organised defensively with Gus about!

But reality is he will be here until end of season at least. Board acted quickly with Stubbs but we can’t keep doing that. Too costly and what we need is stability.  We may well go down but I think he’s here to stay. 

30 minutes ago, Highland Saint said:

Tactics and team selection raising a lot of questions right now. He’s surrounded by experienced guys tho so should at least be better organised defensively with Gus about!

But reality is he will be here until end of season at least. Board acted quickly with Stubbs but we can’t keep doing that. Too costly and what we need is stability.  We may well go down but I think he’s here to stay. 

I think it depends on the nature of how we go down, if we go down !,  as to whether OK is here next season.

If we go down fighting then I think he'll get 2 or 3 months in Championship to prove he has what it takes, otherwise I think it may be difficult for him.

Personally I'd give OK the chance to do something in Championship however it works out this season. 

Edited by lenziebud

Being honest I think he is completely out his depth. He has a terrible habit of changing formation or personnel early in a game and this just leads to the players doubting themselves. Case in point was Wednesday night when Jack was taken off midway through the first half, this was against a team who had won there last 4 games and played more or less the same team in these games. What were we surprised about? Or were we just trying to shoehorn Ferdinand into a starting position? (I have no idea why somebody who's best days are long behind him is accepted by the bulk of the support)

You would think, that with the amount of people cutting about the dugout area with their initials on their kit, that we would be extremely organised, fit, and the players would know there jobs down to a tee. We got caught offside from a short corner today!!

And finally it has taken the management team three and half games to work out that our number "10" is one of the biggest imposters ever to wear the stripes.

Sack Oran then what ? What decent manager is going to touch this job some of our fans can’t even appreciate the difficult job that’s at hand just to keep us in the premiership never mind the completely f**ked up squad that Stubbs left then to try overhaul it in the January window with fans expecting instant results where you probably couldn’t pick a worse run of fixtures.

Oran certainly hasn’t helped himself with current team selection and formation.

5 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Sack Oran then what ? What decent manager is going to touch this job some of our fans can’t even appreciate the difficult job that’s at hand just to keep us in the premiership never mind the completely f**ked up squad that Stubbs left then to try overhaul it in the January window with fans expecting instant results where you probably could pick a worse run of fixtures.

Oran certainly hasn’t helped himself with current team selection and formation.

I generally agree however Alloa, Dundee United and Hibs in crisis mode at home should all be easy fixtures. 

I generally agree however Alloa, Dundee United and Hibs in crisis mode at home should all be easy fixtures. 

Easy fixtures really?

Dundee Utd are spending like a top 6 premiership side and hibs are a much bigger club than ourselves wouldn’t be an easy fixtures at anytime pretty much their full squad would walk into ours.