Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Isle Of Bute Saint

St Mirren v Hamilton Mon 13th May

Recommended Posts

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, Lord Pityme said:

We'll see who starts, and how we fare with that starting lineup?

i would be surprised if he starts with both Hobbits, given they contributed the square root of f-all against Well, and were simply brushed aside. Big call, for a season decider in 90+ minutes!

Well the Hobbits kicked the Orcs arse didnt they :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mullen & Cooke for me;

Not overloaded with technical ability as a strikeforce but they at least have a bit of fight about them and make the correct decisions on occasion... 

And it's one combination I don't believe we've tried yet. 

Nazon is Goncalves with 2 left feet ie; lazy and enigmatic without any positive return.

I'd be hesitant to call Jackson a footballer - the words hee and haw come to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, shetland said:

None of those. 

I am actually Elvis when I am in bad mood. 

You told me you were a woman !!!

You certainly are a right tit,

so you were sort of correct :P  

Edited by DougJamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mullen & Cooke for me;
Not overloaded with technical ability as a strikeforce but they at least have a bit of fight about them and make the correct decisions on occasion... 
And it's one combination I don't believe we've tried yet. 
Nazon is Goncalves with 2 left feet ie; lazy and enigmatic without any positive return.
I'd be hesitant to call Jackson a footballer - the words hee and haw come to mind.
Isma was light years better than Nazon, night and day, no comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Duck is probably the greediest player I have ever seen pull on the stripes. He's only here to try and score another goal for this highlight reel. I'd hope he is on the bench or in the stand for the remainder of the season.

I know OK was desperate to sign a target man in January, but it hasn't worked out. The Duck and Cooke would struggle in League 2. No use for the upcoming games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The Duck is probably the greediest player I have ever seen pull on the stripes. He's only here to try and score another goal for this highlight reel. I'd hope he is on the bench or in the stand for the remainder of the season.

I know OK was desperate to sign a target man in January, but it hasn't worked out. The Duck and Cooke would struggle in League 2. No use for the upcoming games.

The Duck has not performed in the stripes as any of us would have hoped. He does try and do too much and he would be delighted at having some more goals for his highlights reel. However, I for one  would be happy if he bags some goals for us in these last two games... I do think he knows where the net is, but because of his other faults, he is not getting a lot of game time or scoring chances. IF he is being used, it is better early on as the alternative is taking someone harder working off...

If he's on the bench I have no issue with that but I think Cooke maybe still improving - he did physically help (leaned on the defender) with Magennis's goal last week...

It has been a huge step up for him - we will soon see if the management rate him for the future in a couple of weeks time..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, shetland said:

Are you a Lenny Henry tribute Act now ? 

Never said I wasn't a woman. 

Elvis, like Shetland is a made up name in order to post anonymously on a Football Forum. 

Damn and here is me posting my name and gender. Oh take all sorts Shull. Thought Blow Up Betty would be more appropiate for u....😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to go for it , and whilst one nil will do , I would rather we were up and at them from the start .

For me it's as back five , with G Mac given instructions to be in the top third every time we have a free kick , long shy , corner . I would even consider sticking him on the wing at kick off and having a high ball aimed at him .Popescu,s long throw should also be maximised . 

Would have Magennis , Flynn and McGinn in midfield who can all run with the ball .

Up front is a hard one to call . But it might make sense to give Cody Cooke his moment and play him alongside Jackson .

Would have the team playing route one football to start off with . 

That would give us McAllister , Lyons , The Duck ,  and Mullen who can come on and change things if necessary .

The worse case scenario for this game is we stay in  the play off place , which is where we are , so I think it makes sense to have a go early doors .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

We have to go for it , and whilst one nil will do , I would rather we were up and at them from the start .

For me it's as back five , with G Mac given instructions to be in the top third every time we have a free kick , long shy , corner . I would even consider sticking him on the wing at kick off and having a high ball aimed at him .Popescu,s long throw should also be maximised . 

Would have Magennis , Flynn and McGinn in midfield who can all run with the ball .

Up front is a hard one to call . But it might make sense to give Cody Cooke his moment and play him alongside Jackson .

Would have the team playing route one football to start off with . 

That would give us McAllister , Lyons , The Duck ,  and Mullen who can come on and change things if necessary .

The worse case scenario for this game is we stay in  the play off place , which is where we are , so I think it makes sense to have a go early doors .

Cannot disagree with you sentiment - we have far less to lose than we can gain...

Oran has not gone for it from the off yet - so I'd be surprised if his game plan is not "let's keep it tight for the 1st 10 minutes" at least to get settled in - for we can lose the opportunity to gain if we give up goals to them while we are attacking... Like you though, I believe that if we were to get the early goal, it completely changes their game-plan and they have to come out more - so long as we don't sit back on a 1 goal lead, we must push for more.

However, we need to be less predictable and go for it with sufficient cover to contain them.

They are not a good side, just physical - we must give them a beating - the entire club wants these 3 points -    C  O  Y   S

Edited by Sweeper07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
23 hours ago, W6Saint said:
Mullen & Cooke for me;
Not overloaded with technical ability as a strikeforce but they at least have a bit of fight about them and make the correct decisions on occasion... 
And it's one combination I don't believe we've tried yet. 
Nazon is Goncalves with 2 left feet ie; lazy and enigmatic without any positive return.
I'd be hesitant to call Jackson a footballer - the words hee and haw come to mind.

Isma was light years better than Nazon, night and day, no comparison.

Uhu... hence 2 left feet, pretty obvious that was my point i'd have thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

On watching Hamilton last week against Dundee they look a better side than Saints...

Did you have your Eeyore specs on - most teams have looked good against Dundee recently.

I'd say since we started to gel back in late February we've been fairly similar to Hamilton, defensively minded (good ol' Gus :rolleyes: ) and lacking a cutting edge (their top scorer Miller has 5, 1 less than Jackson has for us). We looked better than them, last month, up until we got to the penalty box anyway.

Won't be easy or pretty on Monday night but there's no need to build them (or Rice) up beyond their actual abilities. If anything the form book favours us slightly although for a game of this magnitude it's really about which team holds it's nerve.

Nothing to fear, let's give it 110% and as ever COYS1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

St Johnstone's just secured 7th place, let's hope they don't go into holiday mode just yet...

 

I'm convinced we'll beat Accies, can only hope those lovely Perth chappies fancy some extra win bonuses for 

there summer hols....

Shame about that result.

If we beat Hamilton then even a draw for them against St. Johnstone will not be enough for them if we beat Dundee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scrappy coco said:

St Johnstone's just secured 7th place, let's hope they don't go into holiday mode just yet...

 

I'm convinced we'll beat Accies, can only hope those lovely Perth chappies fancy some extra win bonuses for 

there summer hols....

They'll want us to stay up as we bring a good away support - something Accies can only dream about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Don't know how the Mobdro app is performing lately, but it might be worth a bash. I watched a perfect stream of the 0-0 game with Celtic on it from the States.

Thanks DS, Very patchy. I'm finding it freezes all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...