St Mirren v Arbroath, 22/7/23

Could have been about 7 but for there keeper making 3 excellent stops in first half second half they came out and had a go at us but once we got 3 Rd we settled back down Nahmani took his 2 goals very well but we need to remember the level of opposition hopefully he can keep it up and I will happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong .

Enjoyable start to the competitive season at home.  Criticism last season was that we never killed games off, certainly not a problem today. O'Hara is a great leader in midfield and Strain was outstanding. 

Mandaron looked a handful with Strains crosses and Stav Mahani looked like a cool finisher. To show that composure on a debut no matter the opposition at his age is a good omen. 

Looking forward to the Forfar game already.

Edited by exiledfan

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Wondering who is the premier side here.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

We are f**king useless..

33 minutes ago, elvis said:

Could have been about 7 but for there keeper making 3 excellent stops in first half second half they came out and had a go at us but once we got 3 Rd we settled back down Nahmani took his 2 goals very well but we need to remember the level of opposition hopefully he can keep it up and I will happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong .

Decent summary but you forgot your earlier critique. 🤣🤣🤣

Not long back from the game.

A far better performance all round. I know it was against "lesser opposition", though not as low as Montrose, but some of the crisp passing from defence to attack was a joy to watch. We could, perhaps should, have been out of sight before HT even though I thought Arbroath made a good fist of it. All in all it was a good game to watch.

I haven't changed my opinion on Mandron. He can use his head but still seems clumsy with the ball at his feet. And Boyd-Munce was guilty of giving the ball away too cheaply at times.

Nahmani, on the other hand. I know it's early but his cameo appearance was delightful. He looks to have speed of foot and mind and looks as cool as a cucumber in front of goal. I am really looking forward to seeing him against better teams.

Just now, stlucifer said:

Not long back from the game.

A far better performance all round. I know it was against "lesser opposition", though not as low as Montrose, but some of the crisp passing from defence to attack was a joy to watch. We could, perhaps should, have been out of sight before HT even though I thought Arbroath made a good fist of it. All in all it was a good game to watch.

I haven't changed my opinion on Mandron. He can use his head but still seems clumsy with the ball at his feet. And Boyd-Munce was guilty of giving the ball away too cheaply at times.

Nahmani, on the other hand. I know it's early but his cameo appearance was delightful. He looks to have speed of foot and mind and looks as cool as a cucumber in front of goal. I am really looking forward to seeing him against better teams.

I'm looking forward to getting Ayunga back and seeing Nahmani and him play together. The ability of Ayunga to bully defences and get the ball to Stav in space could be a good combination for us with Grieve and Mandron as back up and alternative options. 

Thought we were quite good today though the opposition were poor. Both centres did quite well and the Israeli boy took  his two goals well.  Refereeing as usual was atrocious and the dirty wee  tosser number 23 was allowed to stay on long enough to catch Strain a sore one. Hopeful!y not a serious injury as he is our Best player by a distance.

Thought we played well today and could easily have scored double than what we did Nahmani took both his goals very well and looks the part

Was very disappointed in Arbroath,they were poor and will struggle this season on that sort of performance 

Well done Saints 👏👏👏

Got back about half an hour ago, really enjoyed the game, decent performance no matter the opposition, Gogic was everywhere and O'Hara strolled it for much of the game, Nahmani really looked the part and Mandron put himself about too. I said on another thread that I thought some of our 'forwards' would need to play wider and Lewis did well when he came on, positive reaction from last week e pected and delivered.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Thought we played well today and could easily have scored double than what we did Nahmani took both his goals very well and looks the part

Was very disappointed in Arbroath,they were poor and will struggle this season on that sort of performance 

Well done Saints 👏👏👏

They struggled last season. :lol:

4 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Wonder when the anti-Israeli protests against our new forward are going to begin just because he happened to be born in that country. 

Half expecting some outspoken auld eejit to invade the pitch. 

Quite a post after a good day for St Mirren!

Superficial, ageist, attacking St Mirren fans and off-topic.

I would guess you were fartaway posting with yet another nom de plume, but as you seem to be literate, I’ll just assume you are related to him.

Ps for clarity - there have been no anti-Israeli protests as far as I know.  There have been posts about Zionist repression of Palestinians in their occupied homeland - and a hope that this guy just wanting to play fitba is a good guy.  

But stir up irrelevant shite about him, if you wish.

Absolutely delighted. We played brilliantly - defended well, limiting them to a single shot on goal, IIRC; we were attacking, creative and genuinely could have been 3-0 up at half time. :)

My only complaint is that the fans didn't seem to know how to use the recycling bins, despite the illustration.

4 hours ago, exiledfan said:

I'm looking forward to getting Ayunga back and seeing Nahmani and him play together. The ability of Ayunga to bully defences and get the ball to Stav in space could be a good combination for us with Grieve and Mandron as back up and alternative options. 

But how do we squeeze the " mystery striker " into the starting line up .

6 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Wonder when the anti-Israeli protests against our new forward are going to begin just because he happened to be born in that country. 

Half expecting some outspoken auld eejit to invade the pitch. 

Raising politics again?  It's not about the player but the conduct of the state who killed yet another Palestinian teenager in the West Bank yesterday. 

Here's an Irish politician expressing to the Israeli ambassador his views...