St Mirren v Livingston SPFL Premiership 25/11/23

shull

Thought we deserved the points today. Not our greatest performance but plenty to be positive about. 

Ayunga put in great shift considering it was his first game back.

Hopefully we can follow it up on Tuesday with another victory. 

We had to dip a bit deeper into our squad today with neither Baccus nor Strain available so 3 points is a satisfactory outcome from a fairly unspectacular performance. By the look of Taylor's injury we may be without him for a game or two, and possibly Kiltie too, so our strength in depth could be tested further in Dingwall. 

Gogic my MOM today.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

So now we're apparently shit.:lol:

More like our "supporters" are shit and have extremely short memories.

Didn't take long for the usual suspects to start their mind numbing negativity.

Big Jonah returning is great news for the County game.

That’ll be a tough game, which I’ll be attending, win it an we should really be thinking about top 4!

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

We had to dip a bit deeper into our squad today with neither Baccus nor Strain available so 3 points is a satisfactory outcome from a fairly unspectacular performance. By the look of Taylor's injury we may be without him for a game or two, and possibly Kiltie too, so our strength in depth could be tested further in Dingwall. 

Gogic my MOM today.

Gogic made quite a few uncharacteristic mistakes today and struggled in the air. My MOTM would definitely be Taylor. As for the game. A really dreadful spectacle. No real surprise as we have been pish poor since before the Celtic game. Still. Another three valuable points. That is the only positive I take from today .

We got the three points, that's all that matters. The second 'goal' that was ruled out, was a very tight decision. We deserved the win, but against the bottom side, it wasn't a great display. 

Am I getting auld, or was it absolutely Baltic today? It wasn't forecast to be that cold. Two pairs of socks and more layers in future. 

9 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Gogic made quite a few uncharacteristic mistakes today and struggled in the air. My MOTM would definitely be Taylor. As for the game. A really dreadful spectacle. No real surprise as we have been pish poor since before the Celtic game. Still. Another three valuable points. That is the only positive I take from today .

The Celtic game was a pretty decent, or better, performance. 

We were minutes away from a creditable draw at Parkhead.

We also had a 2-2 draw with Hibs who have been on a pretty decent unbeaten run.

You're one of the forever gloom merchants and might be better suited supporting a bigger team where winning is seen as their right. 

What a saddo you, and a few others, are. 

Edited by faraway saint

12 hours ago, DumboBud said:

Agree with Elvis, we did enough but not much more. 
Big games against County and St J will decide if we are comfortable top 6 or fighting for top 6.

Progress from the last few years but it is still fragile. 

Dumbo sounds about right ffs 😂

We won the game and looked comfortable without getting out of 1st gear in terrible conditions.

Sitting 3rd on 22 points…..progress but it is still fragile, honest to Christ 😂😂

Am delighted with the points and the position we are in, knowing we are not at our best but still getting the points is a good sign, we'd all like to see silky football but we all know that's unlikely and a dose of realism prevents the complacency that comes with unrealistic expectation.

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Makes you weep.

Aye, short memories right enough. 

To get to the end of November and have clear air between ourselves and several teams with significantly higher resources than us is a remarkable feat.

But no, apparently we're shit.:lol:

There isn’t much between the teams in this league - Robbo has us well organised, the players are working their butts off and we are getting rewards for it. Sitting 3rd in the league so let’s enjoy it ffs !

Tuesday is a big game and if we can get a result up there then it would be a massive boost and put us 5 points clear in third. COYS !!!

1 hour ago, Dare said:

There isn’t much between the teams in this league - Robbo has us well organised, the players are working their butts off and we are getting rewards for it. Sitting 3rd in the league so let’s enjoy it ffs !

Tuesday is a big game and if we can get a result up there then it would be a massive boost and put us 5 points clear in third. COYS !!!

Absolutely.

We know that suspensions and injuries will start to hurt us, and we'll find it more difficult to maintain our level of performance.

I didn't for one minute think we'd have been 3rd in the league for such a lengthy time.

Edited by FTOF