Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/3/24

We started with 4 players  in a high press, who had not played regularly for months. Most should have been off at half time as they ran out of legs and we had plenty options on the bench. Big mistake.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One real positive from today:-

We can't argue we were unlucky - Kilmarnock murdered us in the second half.

Then some negatives:-

With the benefit of hindsight - should Kwon and Baccus have started?

And on this showing, we will have to do something to bolster our central defence - will the return of Bolton and a fit Taylor make a difference.

The result today, from 2 goals up at halftime, was particularly painful after the turn-around against Aberdeen a fortnight ago.

2 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

It’ll take some time to get over this that’s if we do. I couldn’t see that happening at half time but we simply couldn’t cope with the direct play they threw at us

That's why I think it could cost us top 6.

The second half was appalling. Comfortably ahead at half time. Kilmarnock made a couple of tweaks to how they set up and we seemed to lose the plot. Lost a couple of soft goals and instead of sending on Kwon or Baccus to shore up the midfield he brought on Jamieson.  Gogic has been our best player this season but he was awful in the second half. Why Dunne is at the club, after wishing to leave because he thought he was better than us is a mystery to me . Taylor would be a better option.  Cannot ever remember us losing so badly from being 2-0 ahead. worry now is where our next points come from. Last season we picked up 2 points from our last 7 matches. We are looking at something similar this season. Not surprised to see the extra 1000 fans shuffle off at 3-2. See you all again at a final or a League decider. 

30 minutes ago, guinness said:

The second half was appalling. Comfortably ahead at half time. Kilmarnock made a couple of tweaks to how they set up and we seemed to lose the plot. Lost a couple of soft goals and instead of sending on Kwon or Baccus to shore up the midfield he brought on Jamieson.  Gogic has been our best player this season but he was awful in the second half. Why Dunne is at the club, after wishing to leave because he thought he was better than us is a mystery to me . Taylor would be a better option.  Cannot ever remember us losing so badly from being 2-0 ahead. worry now is where our next points come from. Last season we picked up 2 points from our last 7 matches. We are looking at something similar this season. Not surprised to see the extra 1000 fans shuffle off at 3-2. See you all again at a final or a League decider. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

49 minutes ago, elvis said:

f**k of you knob .If you dont think that's going to be a hard one to get over your kidding yourself.

And this why I hardly come on this shit site..   pricks like this allowed on here...and racist one at that

1 hour ago, elvis said:

That's why I think it could cost us top 6.

It almost certainly won’t cost us top six, given the results that would push Dundee & Hibs above us. 

But top six isn’t the prize, it’s top five & European football. I am far more concerned now, that we won’t get that spot again. 

I couldn't catch up with the results, so watched Sportscene without knowing the score and celebrated the goals almost like I would have done at the game. Naturally, I was very disappointed by the end. :( 

These things happen. The other week we stole an unlikely win. This week we threw away a commanding position. That's football.

The next game is MASSIVE, though!

Killie are away to Hearts and Hibs away to Rangers! Both are likely to drop points. If we win at Motherwell, there's a great chance we will take back fourth spot.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Going into Europe with a squad based on this one would do more harm than good 

so maybe a blessing in a very ugly disguise today 

Yep , Europe , with the early start and qualifying marathon, is the last thing we need. I'm happy to take the dosh for a top six place but couldn't give a hoot about Europe , not at this stage anyway !

35 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yep , Europe , with the early start and qualifying marathon, is the last thing we need. I'm happy to take the dosh for a top six place but couldn't give a hoot about Europe , not at this stage anyway !

Yeah, I agree, we're a couple of seasons in the top 6 away from being ready yet.

38 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Yeah, I agree, we're a couple of seasons in the top 6 away from being ready yet.

How many seasons have Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc been in the top 6 and failed dismally? 

In the sub standard Scottish keague it's irrelevant,  outside Rangers who have punched above their weight in a few seasons. 

7 hours ago, antrin said:

Quite good.    😊

Not relaxed yet, though…

I am a St Mirren supporter.  I never got carried away.    Sigh….  😞 

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Going into Europe with a squad based on this one would do more harm than good 

so maybe a blessing in a very ugly disguise today 

Aye. I agree.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Billy’s is also dead right.   Sadly.

13 hours ago, guinness said:

Honestly posts like this make me embarrassed to be a St Mirren fan while I agree with the start of your post about Dunne/Taylor and Gogic/Jamieson the rest is absolutely drivel. 

The extra 1000 fans were normal fans who probably don't go to away games regularly but made the effort for this one as encouraged by the club and others fans also apart from Motherwell our easiest away fixture to attend. 

This crap I don't where our next points are coming from always comes up after a bad defeat same happened in December before we beat Hibs and Aberdeen away also after we lost to Livingston. 

Last season was typical bad luck that first time we ever get top 6 we get the big 5 teams in with us no other diddly teams to play this time it's different as Kilmarnock are in there and one of Dundee, Hibs and Motherwell and this Hibs team isn't as good as last season's plus probably be playing them at home where we can beat anybody. 

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Honestly posts like this make me embarrassed to be a St Mirren fan while I agree with the start of your post about Dunne/Taylor and Gogic/Jamieson the rest is absolutely drivel. 

The extra 1000 fans were normal fans who probably don't go to away games regularly but made the effort for this one as encouraged by the club and others fans also apart from Motherwell our easiest away fixture to attend. 

This crap I don't where our next points are coming from always comes up after a bad defeat same happened in December before we beat Hibs and Aberdeen away also after we lost to Livingston. 

Last season was typical bad luck that first time we ever get top 6 we get the big 5 teams in with us no other diddly teams to play this time it's different as Kilmarnock are in there and one of Dundee, Hibs and Motherwell and this Hibs team isn't as good as last season's plus probably be playing them at home where we can beat anybody. 

👏👏👏

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

100%. We’ve lost a game, that’s it. The manner of the defeat wasn’t great but we’ve now got a break to regroup take stock and push on!

The reality of being a St.Mirren fan still unclear to some.

I emphasise that this is a golden age, enjoy it because it won’t be here for long!

11 hours ago, billyg said:

Disagree with this. We are highly unlikely to be involved in a “qualification marathon”. We’d play two rounds max, which would be no different from having the 4 League Cup games. 
Jesus if we don’t want European football, what’s the point of participating in the League. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2