jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yeah: I re-watched chunks of it again not that long ago, hoping that in the cold light of day I wouldn't be quite so raging, but I still was.

Beaton was definitely at it that day.

You get a decent wad and your allowed to be shit at it , good job if you can get it.

Any idea who the no 22 was last night. Listed as “Iban Cossow” on the teamsheet but google returns nothing (unlike the others who have a wee bit of a background). Seemed a lot better than the no 6 and pinged a quality 40 yard pass in the second half.

45 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Any idea who the no 22 was last night. Listed as “Iban Cossow” on the teamsheet but google returns nothing (unlike the others who have a wee bit of a background). Seemed a lot better than the no 6 and pinged a quality 40 yard pass in the second half.

I ran a few different versions of the spelling, too, in case it was a misprint (Ivan?), but found absolutely hee-haw. Unusual in this day and age.

Edit: I've tried again and I think I've found him. I think it is a mis-print, and it's Iban Cossou. This is him on Facebook - does it look like he matches?

https://www.facebook.com/iban.cossou.7

https://www.football365.fr/joueur/cossou-iban-239602.shtml

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoor

Edited by Magic Monkey

52 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

I've read everything on him from 'quality' to 'never a footballer' from last night.

I ran a few different versions of the spelling, too, in case it was a misprint (Ivan?), but found absolutely hee-haw. Unusual in this day and age.

Edit: I've tried again and I think I've found him. I think it is a mis-print, and it's Iban Cossou. This is him on Facebook - does it look like he matches?
17757151_1050785625065343_8453481547664964195_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110%26_nc_oc=AQl1GUerdBf-kc1GkOtsAVU1ZsMiUbO4OqdMWMKRw6_8R30R6oUDrNIJubqerr8O7z0%26_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx%26oh=82ed3febd5249a7009e7be07af767b4a%26oe=5DC030C0&key=8cf61d5cc516eb210841fd98cc03c0003dbdc5f739d3fddcaff5d873a23241a5

Yeah that's him.

Just had a look on his Instagram and he's sitting in Glasgow Airport so looks like he won't be signed

17757151_1050785625065343_8453481547664964195_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110%26_nc_oc=AQl1GUerdBf-kc1GkOtsAVU1ZsMiUbO4OqdMWMKRw6_8R30R6oUDrNIJubqerr8O7z0%26_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx%26oh=82ed3febd5249a7009e7be07af767b4a%26oe=5DC030C0&key=8cf61d5cc516eb210841fd98cc03c0003dbdc5f739d3fddcaff5d873a23241a5

Yeh, that looks like him. Could ping a pass, but was easily turned a couple of times and didn’t look too solid defensively. Hard to judge him on a 45 minute trial, playing with defenders he doesn’t know though.

Both trialists (Cossou & Francillette) are nowhere near as good as the CBs we already have the club.

Thought the big No.6 started off very nervous but came into the game slightly toward the end of the 1st half. Won a few headers in the air.

Would be very surprised if we signed ether tbh.

I see 3 of the 4 trialists from the French group are likely to not sign from the Stenny matchday thread.

Alceus I reckon is separate to that group. Could have been through the Duck or his agent, going on him playing for Haiti throughout the Gold Cup.

I thought he was quiet a tidy player. Would like to see him again (if we could play trialists in the League Cup )

8 minutes ago, JM1 said:

I see 3 of the 4 trialists from the French group are likely to not sign from the Stenny matchday thread.

Alceus I reckon is separate to that group. Could have been through the Duck or his agent, going on him playing for Haiti throughout the Gold Cup.

I thought he was quiet a tidy player. Would like to see him again (if we could play trialists in the League Cup emoji849.png)

What position was he?

What position was he?

As has been said by others before I could reply, a tidy midfielder.

Kept everything simple, almost always found a man.

After googling I think he's generally played in a more defensive role - a position I think we've been missing (granted we are in need of a left back, centre halves and strikers more but still).

As an aside, Kellerman looked lively when he came on and I thought Cammy Macpherson did well at right back. Definitely better going forward than Paul McGinn (although PM is better defensively).

59 minutes ago, JM1 said:

As has been said by others before I could reply, a tidy midfielder.

Kept everything simple, almost always found a man.

After googling I think he's generally played in a more defensive role - a position I think we've been missing (granted we are in need of a left back, centre halves and strikers more but still).

As an aside, Kellerman looked lively when he came on and I thought Cammy Macpherson did well at right back. Definitely better going forward than Paul McGinn (although PM is better defensively).

Not sure I agree with Paul McGinn's assessment.  He has created goals and scored the odd goal as well. Macpherson is talented no doubt about that. Goodwin has said he wants two players for each position though.