Danny Grainger Shown The Door

To be fair it was probably a wee bit uncalled for. He's just talking about football on twitter, Gregg Wylde was talking about the Aberdeen game earlier on, Josh Magennis mentioned their semi-final on Sportsound as well, you going to have a go at them?

Aye but the night after they defeated us at Tynecastle? He hasnt played for them for over a year and a half. Wylde has literally just left Aberdeen and Magennis is technically still their player.

He must know hes on the way out and it could be taken as a dig at St Mirren when mentioning Hearts in his tweets.

Aye but the night after they defeated us at Tynecastle? He hasnt played for them for over a year and a half. Wylde has literally just left Aberdeen and Magennis is technically still their player.

He must know hes on the way out and it could be taken as a dig at St Mirren when mentioning Hearts in his tweets.

Magennis is their player, he is just technically ours for now.whistling.gif

He better be trying to bring in at least 2 defenders, we are very short at the back. Unless he's gonna try Yaqib, but he doesn't even make the bench

I hope this is not the case.

Youth system has been working well for us recently but we can't just keep the left back position void of any senior players.

I hope this is not the case.

Youth system has been working well for us recently but we can't just keep the left back position void of any senior players.

I think that will be the most likely outcome though.

We'll probably sign a defender who can play at full back or centre half & at some point in the remainder of the season will lose Goodwin leaving us without a defensive midfielder.

i think he has struggled with his fitness at SPL level, maybe not a surprise for a robustly built player who had a long inactive period due to injury. the heavier set you are then the harder it is to get back to fitness.

If he can get games every week at Dunfermline then he might be back on the up by the end of the year, if not then he carries on the same trajectory. a shame for a decent player but some people cant help themselves from using his misfortune as a stick to beat our manager with.

i think he has struggled with his fitness at SPL level, maybe not a surprise for a robustly built player who had a long inactive period due to injury.  the heavier set you are then the harder it is to get back to fitness.

If he can get games every week at Dunfermline then he might be back on the up by the end of the year, if not then he carries on the same trajectory.  a shame for a decent player but some people cant help themselves from using his misfortune as a stick to beat our manager with.  

Here we go with the holier than thou attitude again.

It's not just one players misfortune though, is it?

Here we go with the holier than thou attitude again.

It's not just one players misfortune though, is it?

I'm just being fair and commenting on the thread topic, Danny Grainger, seems to me the most important part of this story is that someone known to be a talented and accomplished player at this level is now struggling. Most people seemed to agree that grainger was worth a shot when he came, but fitness is the variable that affects every footballer and is the great leveller in the game. Every player is a gamble in that respect.

i'll take the chance here to say Bye Danny, and thanks for your efforts. Hope it all goes well for you.

You can go have a feud with someone else now Lex, i'm not biting today

Letting Grainger leave is, in my opinion, lunacy.

Someone will HAVE to cover for our very young left back at some point before the end of the season and I believe there was a lot more to come from Danny.

I don't know what is going on at the club but something just doesn't add up. And I don't mean the counting of the playing pool!

Edited by stlucifer

Letting Grainger leave is, in my opinion, lunacy.

Someone will HAVE to cover for our very young left back at some point before the end of the season and I believe there was a lot more to come from Danny.

I don't know what is going on at the club but something just doesn't add up. And I don't mean the counting of thr playing pool!

Grainger was a disappointment but this puts a lot of pressure on young Sean.

I questioned him on it and he ain't a happy chappy, now got umpteen bloody Jambo fans tweeting me , scumbags attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1391120457.880979.jpg

What kind of person creeps footballers on the web looking for the chance to reprimand them for daring to air an opinion on social media?

he is as entitled as you are to talk about a game

What a shambles!!! Even by St Mirren standards!!! Incredible we are releasing so many players at this time of the season and we have a manager who must by now realise he has no chance of his contract being renewed at the end of the season. Do not see him surviving till then tho...he has surely got to go now or are they waiting for a thumping at Parkhead first!!! Only a hopeless Thistle team can save us from the play offs now.

What a shambles!!! Even by St Mirren standards!!! Incredible we are releasing so many players at this time of the season and we have a manager who must by now realise he has no chance of his contract being renewed at the end of the season. Do not see him surviving till then tho...he has surely got to go now or are they waiting for a thumping at Parkhead first!!! Only a hopeless Thistle team can save us from the play offs now.

How very pessimistic Mr Optomistic. Thankfully I shall remain tedious and retain some familiarity for our regular forum user's.

Now I just thought that I would add that I recall one of my wives showing me the door. Unfortunately for me it was a white pvc thing that cost me £1200. I still have it now and I really hate that bloody door.

Edited by TediousTom