St Mirren V Ict Premiership 14/2/15

shull

Anyone actually know what the script was with Sadlier not even being in the squad. Injured?

I noticed none of the first team players who played in the development game drubbing in mid week started today. Sadlier and Ball missed out completely. Maybe injured, maybe poor midweek.

What a absolute shambles. Mallan and McGinn looked like two lost wee boys trying to play in a mans game, Tommo your a legend always will be but if that's the best you have retire with grace, I hope im wrong, Organisation was disgraceful, Goody only one with pass marks, My respect to anyone going to Aberdeen next week, Just glad it wont be me,

Reckon Tealey made a huge mistake today in starting with a 4-4-2 and Thommo playing 90 mins. We have not played a 4-4-2 this seaon. Surprised Arquin came off at half-time as we needed to revert to 4-2-3-1 with a mobile striker and unfortunately that just isn't Thommo. The half-time change was to a 4-1-4-1 but there was not enough width and too much of a straight line across the park but at least the change improved us a bit. And is Tess injured?

However we were played off the park and a bit embarrassing. Far too slow in the build up with no runners and Goody being the mentor for the rest of the team in passing to a team-mate who is under pressure - WTF is that all about? But Goody was our best player by a mile.

McGinn needs to be benched been shocking for the last 6 games his heid is obviously elsewhere. Watkins gave both Thommo and Arquin a lesson in centre forward play today. As for the first half worst display of the season and Gary Teale needs to take responsibility for the shambles - could easily have been 4 down. ICT deserved their win and we're physically far too strong for us today. Did Wylde touch the ball when he came on ?

I thought ICT were the best team I've seen all season.

We were a bit better when we put 5 in midfield but the bottom line is ICT were too good for us. I thought that there were promising signs from Snoopy and Dayton. But I thought today ICT were fantastic and we did well to hang in with a chance near the end.

ICTs passing and movement in the first half was a joy to watch. They should have been four or five up. While I am happy to laud ICTs football and recognise they are a good team - they are not Real Madrid, but we fcuking well made them look like them.

Pitiful performance, which, according to the radio, has set an unwanted club record - fifteen home league games without a win. The worst run at home - ever.

First half we were outplayed and outmanned. I thought right from the off Mallan and McGinn looked out of their depth. Mallan is worth a shout as his dead ball deliveries have been impressive. Not the case today though. McGinn looks out of sorts and, even in the second half, he seemed reluctant to chase the way he did when at his best.

Second half we looked a little more comfortable with the extra man in midfield restricting ICT's "triangles".

Nonetheless this was a mauling yet we could have sneaked the draw with Cheesey having a couple of chances to level.

Is Thompson fit? On the strength of today's performance I would think that a no.

ICTs passing and movement in the first half was a joy to watch. They should have been four or five up. While I am happy to laud ICTs football and recognise they are a good team - they are not Real Madrid, but we fcuking well made them look like them.

Pitiful performance, which, according to the radio, has set an unwanted club record - fifteen home league games without a win. The worst run at home - ever.

Anybody's passing and movement will be good if you give them the space we did, pretty poor. Teale will have to try to motivate them cos next week will be tough.

Absolute crap today.

Kelly & Naismith got ripped to shreds all day , Big Jason looks constantly knackered.

Would the person who has taken John McGinn & replaced him with the guy we are watching please return him asap!

Two up front today was never gonna work.

Midfield was men against boys

Thommo ? Lack of match practice or have the legs given up ?

Also, thommo should not have the captains armband, he looked uninterested . How can a man who seems unable to motivate himself be expected to motivate those around him ?

Whatever happens, the club need a complete clear out. Utterly inept and the BOD have again fecked up by not bringing in an experienced manager and appointing Teale. He is not the answer and I don't blame him for taking the job. His tactics were baffling and those picked were a yard or more slower than any of the ICT team. I cannot see any way out of this. We are NOT good enough and the previous questions from others around why we have not strengthened defensively should be answered by the club. If we go down, and it looks likely, a long stay is on the cards. Really pissed off tonight when a team like ICT play us off the park on our own pitch. What progress has been made since TC left?

Another fecking miserable Saturday and a new record of 15 games without a win. Where do we go from here?

Edited by nedflanders123

Whatever happens, the club need a complete clear out. Utterly inept and the BOD have again fecked up by not bringing in an experienced manager and appointing Teale. He is not the answer and I don't blame him for taking the job. His tactics were baffling and those picked were a yard or more slower than any of the ICT team. I cannot see any way out of this. We are NOT good enough and the previous questions from others around why we have not strengthened defensively should be answered by the club. If we go down, and it looks likely, a long stay is on the cards. Really pissed off tonight when a team like ICT play us off the park on our own pitch. What progress has been made since TC left?

Another fecking miserable Saturday and a new record of 15 games without a win. Where do we go from here?

Yip, experienced gaffer should have been given the gig until the end of the season.

Longwell should be taking the Panda club on a Saturday, that's as close to the first team he should get on a match day.

I understand how you are feeling, however, I am open to the possibility that ICT could finish 2nd or 3rd and we were just beaten by a much better team today and one which know how to win games playing intelligent football and can see a game out. If we had lost in the same fashion to Aberdeen or Dundee United today I don't think there would be the same sense of despair. While ICT are not as big a club as Aberdeen or Dundee United and don't have the same history as those two clubs, this season at least ICT are in the same bracket as them in league performance.

As far as a clear out goes I think, to his credit, Teale has begun that process. Obviously there were only so many duds we could offload in 1 transfer window, and incidentally Teale was only official given the manager's job until the end of the season with about a week left of the transfer window. The clear out so far has seen Plummer, Drury, Caldwell, Marwood, Hughes all offloaded and Teale retire as a first team player plus McLean being sold and apparently we were open to Kello and Wylde going as well had they been able to find new clubs.

Where Teale is open to criticism is over whether he has targeted the correct replacements. We all know he has his hands tied with the budget and the club no doubt having to pay off Tommy Craig and pay to terminate players contracts early as well. Like most fans I find it baffling that when our defence has been so bad we haven't signed one defender in this window yet ( or even, since the window has closed) while we have signed 2 wingers and 2 strikers. I'm also puzzled that Sadlier wasn't at least included on the bench when Arquin and Thommo have more red cards between them this season than goals and Reilly and Wylde were on the bench ahead of him... rarely game changers when they have been brought on as subs!

What progress has been made since TC left? Most of us hoped a new experienced manager with a history of wheeling and dealing would be brought in and that didn't happen. However, under Teale we are averaging a point a game more or less and normally this would be about good enough over a season to stay up. I'd prefer we were averaging more points under Teale given how bad our starting point was after the TC era, but under Teale we have overtaken Ross County and Motherwell and although today was uninspiring the last time we played ICT under TC we were pumped 4-0, so I do think there are small unremarkable signs of progress under Teale and maybe all we can expect from a rookie manager with no money to work with.