John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

He is a good player and I wish him all the best. His biggest problem is that he doesn't score goals. Maybe Hibs can change that. If McGinn scores the goal that stops Sevco going up, then he will be a hero again.

All the best son.

I couldn't care less if he scores a goal that stops Another team going up.

I only care about St Mirren

Agree with everything you say, but don't waste energy or a minute of your life being bitter. Football has changed. Long gone are the days when Dundee Utd could assemble and keep a side like Narey, Sturrock, Bannon, Hegarty... Now they are merely a feeder club for Scotland's only genuinely big club. Watching McGinn in a Hibs shirt will not only not bother me one iota, I'd go further than that - I genuinely couldn't give a flying fcuk. Imagine sitting at Tannadice this season and watching McKay-Steven, Armstrong and Cifcti ripping you a new arse.

McGinn (in my opinion) is not nearly as good as he (or his advisors) think he is. He has that 'step on the ball and turn' type of trick, but unlike Kenny McLean, was incapable of turning in quality performances in a side that was clearly struggling.

I don't wish McGinn any ill, but frankly, I really don't give a shit that he's offski. Anyone who puts in a dozen good performances will be away to someone anyway. 'Rangers run rule over.... insert name here'....

What St Mirren need is a team full of guys who are good enough to do well as a unit, but if we get an individual who stands out - even to a small degree - they'll be off.

Bye John - seriously, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Even if people don't boo him............a wee chant of Thommo's gonnae spear yeah wouldn't go a miss.

He is a good player and I wish him all the best. His biggest problem is that he doesn't score goals. Maybe Hibs can change that. If McGinn scores the goal that stops Sevco going up, then he will be a hero again.

All the best son.

If he scores the goal that stops Sevco going up and sends us up instead, I agree. Other than that, nah.

Let's face facts here. Our youth development system is a fecking disaster and needs cleared out from top to bottom.

You witter on as if every top Scottish club finds 9 or 10 decent kids a season. I'm not even sure any ever have done in the modern age. Not one of the kids who've been dumped by us are doing much, very few are even full time. Surely the current track record, by comparison with current domestic talent elsewhere, is just as good as the majority.

It wasn't our kids who got us relegated last season, indeed in some games they were the only ones trying.

McGinn has a lot to prove as he hasn't kicked on from the promise he showed a couple of years back. As has been mentioned already he doesn't score goals but I think his main problem is he doesn't have that change of pace over 10-15 yards that would take him to the next level. Remember watching him play for the Scotland U21's and thinking it was just a step too far for him. Fact that he hasn't landed a move down South says a lot imo.

Is it right that I feel bitter about this? Here is a guy that was developed by us, given everything he needed to make the step from youth to pro and given the opportunity in Scotland's top league! On top of that he gave zero in return last season, the amount of ball he gave away was shocking! Despite that he was offered the chance to redeem last seasons performances by signing on for this campaign! But he decides nope I'm off to better myself, not to a SPL or some English outfit but to frickin Hibs one of our main rivals this season! I am not usually one for booing returning players but I may just join in if it happens on John's return. Or am I being unreasonable?

As a few of the posters on here are suggesting Johns career has went back the way so i struggle to grasp the disdain at him joining Hibs.Surely in that context one of our main rivals has indeed been weakened so why should we boo him.This season we will play against 2 players who were released by us.Jon Scullion at Morton and Mark Williams at Alloa.Would they not be entitled to boo us for treating them harshly or does it only work the other way round.

We lost Kenny McLean midway through the campaign last year which effectively relegated us.There was a clause in his contract which if a bid came in of a certain amount would be triggered.Who informed Aberdeen of the bid required ?????.He went to a club which discarded him as a kid and left a club which resurrected his career after being released by both the dandies and the old club we knew as Rangers.

We also released Craig Slater who is carving out a reasonable career at Killie which brings me to my reason for posting.Players will come and players will go whether by their choice or ours but the club lives on.Mistakes will be made and choices outwith our control will be made but the club will still be there and i personally only want to see players who want to play for St Mirren.I deliberately did not say play for the jersey.We had one of them not so long ago but they days are gone.Its a job to most nowadays.

As a few of the posters on here are suggesting Johns career has went back the way so i struggle to grasp the disdain at him joining Hibs.Surely in that context one of our main rivals has indeed been weakened so why should we boo him.This season we will play against 2 players who were released by us.Jon Scullion at Morton and Mark Williams at Alloa.Would they not be entitled to boo us for treating them harshly or does it only work the other way round.

We lost Kenny McLean midway through the campaign last year which effectively relegated us.There was a clause in his contract which if a bid came in of a certain amount would be triggered.Who informed Aberdeen of the bid required ?????.He went to a club which discarded him as a kid and left a club which resurrected his career after being released by both the dandies and the old club we knew as Rangers.

We also released Craig Slater who is carving out a reasonable career at Killie which brings me to my reason for posting.Players will come and players will go whether by their choice or ours but the club lives on.Mistakes will be made and choices outwith our control will be made but the club will still be there and i personally only want to see players who want to play for St Mirren.I deliberately did not say play for the jersey.We had one of them not so long ago but they days are gone.Its a job to most nowadays.

This!

Time for a bit if perspective. A 20 year old who the club let run his contract down, has got a job elsewhere. If you work for Asda and one if your colleagues leaves and joins Morrisons do you go in and Boo Him on the Deli???

Time to move on and stop using McGinn as an easy target!

Doh!

This!

Time for a bit if perspective. A 20 year old who the club let run his contract down, has got a job elsewhere. If you work for Asda and one if your colleagues leaves and joins Morrisons do you go in and Boo Him on the Deli???

Time to move on and stop using McGinn as an easy target!

Doh!

The club didn't quite let his contract run down. I believe the first offer was made at the start of last season where he indicated that he would not be signing. Gilmour said as much to our table at hospitality back in August.

I miss wee Davie Elliot notworthy.gifsad.png

I like they way hibs have went about this, not saying anything on it til it was a done deal subject to medical, quite respectful to our board and our fans. Maybe if Sevco had went about the whole Scott Allan situation in the same way it might have worked out differently instead of the 'we want him so we're having him' attitude. Twos up the cunts anyway.

As for John McGinn, hope he goes on to have a decent career, whether he rediscovers his early promise at hibs is debatable but the boys done us a turn last few year (last season maybe not so much) so best of luck to him.

It's probably the right move for both John and the club, if he had another season like

he had last year it would have blew any chance of him getting a move to a bigger club

and St Mirren's chances of receiving a fee for him, at least now we've got some cash

and we can now both move on... Best of luck John...

Stubbs signing a contract extension the other day signals that he has assurances that he was going to be granted permission to sign Jack McGinns grandson and reject any further bids from Sevco for Allan.

I agree, but if Allan does a 'McGinn' this season for Hibs they may end up rueing not haven taken HMRC/Ashley's .... Sorry Sevco's money!

The club didn't quite let his contract run down. I believe the first offer was made at the start of last season where he indicated that he would not be signing. Gilmour said as much to our table at hospitality back in August.

Correct.

But why let the facts get in the way of a god rant or a meltdown?

Also, our willingness to accept what is probably a reduced sum of money, compared to waiting for tribunal, is indicative of our current penurious state.

Edited by FTOF

I like they way hibs have went about this, not saying anything on it til it was a done deal subject to medical, quite respectful to our board and our fans. Maybe if Sevco had went about the whole Scott Allan situation in the same way it might have worked out differently instead of the 'we want him so we're having him' attitude. Twos up the cunts anyway.

As for John McGinn, hope he goes on to have a decent career, whether he rediscovers his early promise at hibs is debatable but the boys done us a turn last few year (last season maybe not so much) so best of luck to him.

Not until after we've been promoted this season. whistling.gif

Time for a new chairman if ours has completely lost his marbles and is talking to tables.

Correct.

But why let the facts get in the way of a god rant or a meltdown?

Also, our willingness to accept what is probably a reduced sum of money, compared to waiting for tribunal, is indicative of our current penurious state.

'penurious'

Superb. I confidently predict that this will be today's forum 'wow word'.

Bravo, Sir!