Sign in to follow this  
Cairters_Corner

St. Mirren Park.

Well i would say that in another 10 years time and with more improvements people will feel more attached.  Anyone over the age of 25ish  spent more time watching  us at Love St but as time goes on that will change. We already have a generation of fans coming through who never saw the place.

Fond memories of Love Street , European nights , cup games some amazing league games.  Feel totally comfortable at the digital arena clear views of the pitch. Facilities Love Street could only dream of having, train station on it's door step. Gordon Scott has plans to make it even better hopefully Alan Stubbs brings a brand of football that brings more people to watch St Mirren. 

Many of the W7 guys and most of the kids in the south stand will have very little memory of love street . This is their time and they will grow up loving the new place as much as most of us loved Love street . For me ,it is getting better but will never replace the old place in my heart.

11 hours ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Do you feel emotionally attached to St. Mirren Park? I’m not too sure at the moment but the last 18 months have made a difference!

I would certainly say I was when it comes to Love Street. 

Yes I do.  The day we beat Rangers on Christmas eve and the day we beat Celtic 4-1 as well as Billy Mehmet slotting home a penalty to defeat Celtic 1-0 in the Scottish cup were very special occasions.  Also the day we lifted the Scottish Championship trophy to return us to the top division, all of these occasions culminate in making our wee stadium very special, very special indeed.   

I don't think either really had or have a 'presence'. The 'presence' comes from something more than a stadium packed to the gunnels with great memories. Love Street often had about 40,000 that made it an excellent experience. Mainly many loses there but some fantastic wins also. Some great moments, great goals, great memories ......yet it was not in my mind a place to savour. It lacked that certain ingredient that embraced your soul.

I don't think it's about the real estate, more about the spirit that lives there. Love Street just missed the mark for me. Something was missing.

Yes I do.  The day we beat Rangers on Christmas eve and the day we beat Celtic 4-1 as well as Billy Mehmet slotting home a penalty to defeat Celtic 1-0 in the Scottish cup were very special occasions.  Also the day we lifted the Scottish Championship trophy to return us to the top division, all of these occasions culminate in making our wee stadium very special, very special indeed.   
Did Celtic score the night we pumped them 4-0?

We also won the League cup from this ground. We've had a lot of emotional times in our short stay. We just need a European night or two and we are there!!

Yup its not Love Street but it is our home.

19 hours ago, Hambud said:

Did Celtic score the night we pumped them 4-0?

We also won the League cup from this ground. We've had a lot of emotional times in our short stay. We just need a European night or two and we are there!!

Yup its not Love Street but it is our home.

No they did not.....well spotted young man, well spotted indeed

I am off to slap myself hard on the ballsack as a punishment for my stupidity

I have no emotional attachment to the ground, it is a functional place in which to watch St Mirren play football. I simply bracket it with McDiarmid, Tony Macaroni, Airdrie or Falkirk. Places to watch your team, with turnstiles, seats, toilets and pie stands etc.

Love Street was a dump, but it was a dump with over 100 years of history, and that means something.

Edited by pozbaird