Lord Pityme

Aberdeen v St Mirren 16/02/2019

I initially thought he was definitely OFF.

Having now replayed this several times, I can see it is NOT as clear as I'd like to believe.

I think he was ONSIDE ,just...

I also note that no other Buddie touched the ball on its way forward as was suspected by other posters - and accepted by me.

ETA:  The grass-cut markings give you the line of sight for veracity.

Edited by antrin

13 minutes ago, antrin said:

Having now replayed this several times, I can see it is NOT as clear as I'd like to believe.

I also note that no other Buddie touched the ball on its way forward as was suspected by other posters - and accepted by me.

Absolutely. Let the record show.  

No guarantee he would have scored as goalie relied on off-side decision but we were certainly denied a golden chance. 

Just watched the highlights a bit unlucky. The pass is made our player is on side. But the saints player near the circle touched  the ball with his head when that happens our player is offside. On another day it would have been played on.

I don’t see any other touch in the highlights clearly onside for me

There was two guys on a St Mirren Facebook Page slating the Assistant Referee not for the offside mistake. 

They slated him more for being a Conservative and accused him of deliberately putting his flag up because of that. 

One of the Facebook abusers was particularly vicious and abusive of the Conservative Assistant Referee. 

Looked onside to me. 

6 minutes ago, shetland said:

There was two guys on a St Mirren Facebook Page slating the Assistant Referee not for the offside mistake. 

They slated him more for being a Conservative and accused him of deliberately putting his flag up because of that. 

One of the Facebook abusers was particularly vicious and abusive of the Conservative Assistant Referee. 

Looked onside to me. 

No matter now - these things can't be altered...  bring on VAR and get rid of these kind of mistakes... it might not be perfect, but it must surely be better . . . :cheers

21 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Still no Top Cat  and a load of stats. Hope he is alright.

Eagerly awaiting our next bad result , no doubt. 

On 2/17/2019 at 9:44 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just watched the highlights a bit unlucky. The pass is made our player is on side. But the saints player near the circle touched  the ball with his head when that happens our player is offside. On another day it would have been played on.

ETA: No he didn't, you must be getting mixed up with another incident Bud.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:48 AM, antrin said:

Sportscene didn't even show the 'offside' in their highlights.  In the video above, at the exact point of the kick (you can pause and click each side on the red button to move a frame at a time), Kyle is 2-3 yds onside for a golden chance.  These are the kinds of decisions you get when you are at the bottom and the official is very-well-paid-but-hopeless.

FFs he is only about 10 yds away from the incident and in a great position to judge... he failed. 

Edited by Vambo57