St Mirren v Aberdeen SPFL Premiership

shull

Had to travel up to Portlethen to the sister in-laws and sat in the pub with the brother in-law looking at a defeat …… the brother in law goes for a piss and come back to the Nigerian Panda 🐼 dancing on the ceiling…… the poor Dons supporter is jutted …… 1 piss ….. two goals 🤣🤣👍🐼

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well how good was that ! Didn’t see it coming but fair play to Robbo for going for it with the subs - I was screaming at Conor to take him on at the second goal and he skinned him and put in a peach of a cross, header back across and Olysana there to stick it in the net.

Truely Carlsberg stuff and players and fans were buzzing at the end. Killie game is now massive so bring it on !  COYS !!!! 🐼🐼

35 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Gaffer just said we tried to play football on a "really, really horrible pitch".

What has gone wrong? Why the change?

For decades we have had one of the best plating surfaces in Scotland.

My Dad actually said at the Rangers match that he agreed with Stephen Robinson and their Manager about the pitch being a difficult surface.

I'm not sure what's happened.  As you said, we had one of the best pitches in the country and Tommy Docherty won awards for it.

Is it because of previous preseason resurfacing and it not having enough time to settle in properly?

21 minutes ago, alwaystrue said:

Thats what football was about today. Great result, the big man in goals loved the last few minutes 👍

6 minutes ago, elvis said:

Zach is absolutely loving it with us his celebration at the goals was worth the entry fee alone.

Yeah, he's a great asset to us and clearly enjoying his spell with us up here.  If he was ever released by Middlesbrough it would be great to get him on a permanent deal but I don't think he'd be short of offers from Clubs with bigger financial clout.

41 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Gaffer just said we tried to play football on a "really, really horrible pitch".

What has gone wrong? Why the change?

For decades we have had one of the best plating surfaces in Scotland.

It's certainly been worse in recent seasons and there have been characteristic slips and slides by players in the last two winters

I think that generally across Scotland, the re-seeding season was hot & dry last year so cue heavy sprinkling and following that the early growing season was wet and not as warm.  Maybe we should be looking at re-turfing as I THINK we tend to re-seed every season.   Very short close season last year for our pitch following the world-cup break so if out grass didn't seed and bed in very well it didn't have the recovery time.

They scored a belter in 1st minute, but they hardly carved us open throughout the game. LJ nearly had a cracker in first half and the scramble before that on the goal line was another good opportunity. For the other VAR reviews, the pull on the jersey was a stonewaller for us. Better team won, Aberdeen are in trouble and now we look forward and consolidate 4th 👍

I thought we were poor today. We looked slow, very nervy on the ball at times and some of the passing was terrible. When we moved Fraser (who can't use his left foot) we looked more creative. I have been critical of McMenamin but he produced some great deliveries when he came on. I've not celebrated a goal like that in a long time. A massive 3 points 👍

1 hour ago, Nigerian Panda said:

Had to travel up to Portlethen to the sister in-laws and sat in the pub with the brother in-law looking at a defeat …… the brother in law goes for a piss and come back to the Nigerian Panda 🐼 dancing on the ceiling…… the poor Dons supporter is jutted …… 1 piss ….. two goals 🤣🤣👍🐼

Too bad he didn't go for shit, we might have won about 4-1.

1 hour ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

My Dad actually said at the Rangers match that he agreed with Stephen Robinson and their Manager about the pitch being a difficult surface.

I'm not sure what's happened.  As you said, we had one of the best pitches in the country and Tommy Docherty won awards for it.

Is it because of previous preseason resurfacing and it not having enough time to settle in properly?

Are the women not playing at Greenhill Road now?

With all the excitement and mood change in the matter of a minute it is great reflecting on the fact that, at this point in the season, we are sitting on 42 points. For me this is a fantastic return. That, and the ability to keep fighting, show’s continued fantastic development as a team and a club. 

32 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

With all the excitement and mood change in the matter of a minute it is great reflecting on the fact that, at this point in the season, we are sitting on 42 points. For me this is a fantastic return. That, and the ability to keep fighting, show’s continued fantastic development as a team and a club. 

And the manager is the man who has transformed our team

Like someone mentioned above absolutely love beating them I took video of celebration after the equaliser and kept it running when we broke up the park as we scored again fell down the stairs dropped the phone smashed my leg off the seats but it was so worth it. 

3 hours ago, alwaystrue said:

Thats what football was about today. Great result, the big man in goals loved the last few minutes 👍

Absolutely right. Fabulous opening goal from Aberdeen. Three VAR penalty claim reviews. One given in added time and scored then the late winner. Fantastic stuff 

Can’t remember a bounce like that at the new stadium since the play-off pens win against Dundee Utd. It was rocking. 
Great strike for them to take the lead then they resorted to hoofball, diving and time wasting. Shinnie should’ve been booked much earlier in the game and some of McGrath’s antics were sad to see. Made the late late goals so much sweeter. 
We tried to play much more football than them but didn’t look like scoring in the second half. The subs played their part, especially Olusanya (again). O’Hara’s penalty was ice-cool too although I couldn’t watch it live. What a way to win an important game of football. 
Still absolutely buzzing but feeling my age. Needed to pop into a garage to get some paracetamol before the trek back to Fife. 😂
The celebrations at the end just confirms the brilliant spirit in our squad.

COYS!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Can’t remember a bounce like that at the new stadium since the play-off pens win against Dundee Utd. It was rocking. 
Great strike for them to take the lead then they resorted to hoofball, diving and time wasting. Shinnie should’ve been booked much earlier in the game and some of McGrath’s antics were sad to see. Made the late late goals so much sweeter. 
We tried to play much more football than them but didn’t look like scoring in the second half. The subs played their part, especially Olusanya (again). O’Hara’s penalty was ice-cool too although I couldn’t watch it live. What a way to win an important game of football. 
Still absolutely buzzing but feeling my age. Needed to pop into a garage to get some paracetamol before the trek back to Fife. 😂
The celebrations at the end just confirms the brilliant spirit in our squad.

COYS!!!!!

👍👍👍👍🇾🇪🇾🇪

An absolutely fantastic win  - made all the very sweeter as it was the same opposition who " stole " 2 points from  us when they got an ill deserved draw back in August .  

We have played better for less reward - which demonstrates the fight and attitude within the team 

Yet again the Manager is getting levels of performances from players which almost defies belief 

Comfortably top 6 and looking for more 👍

Great times to be a Saint 😊😊

27 minutes ago, CraigyBoy said:

An absolutely fantastic win  - made all the very sweeter as it was the same opposition who " stole " 2 points from  us when they got an ill deserved draw back in August .  

We have played better for less reward - which demonstrates the fight and attitude within the team 

Yet again the Manager is getting levels of performances from players which almost defies belief 

Comfortably top 6 and looking for more 👍

Great times to be a Saint 😊😊

100%. If I’ve said it once I’ve said it 1,000 times. This is a golden age, revel in it whilst it’s here.