Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

42 minutes ago, magnus said:

Another CH with a bit of experience and pace. Gogic is a top player but better in midfield. 

We’ve just signed Bolton and he was on the bench with Dunne.

If Gogic moves into midfield then one of these guys will replace him

We’re not going to sign another CB!

5 hours ago, Doakes said:

Left back is priority

Heard a rumour we looked at George Cox, out of contract, but Wigan want him so unsure how likely that is

Would be a quite superb signing in all honesty.

Not Wigan bound either. Might we chance our arm? 

https://the72.co.uk/2023/08/07/wigan-athletic-wont-be-signing-recent-hull-city-trialist-reporter-claims/

Edited by djchapsticks

• 3 weeks later...

Hearing rumours from my Aberdeen supporting pals that they are in for Baccus.
First bid rejected but currently in talks. Might be nonsense, but if true I’d be disappointed if he went up there. Would rather he went down south for a decent fee, if leaving us. He’s looked back on it so far this season. 

23 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

With Ohara back I see no place in team for Baccus.....Kiltie, Munce,Mcmeniman, Gogic, Ohara all on team sheet before him for midfield....

What kind of team runs a four-man midfield with only 5 to pick from

Grow up.

If it does happen then it needs to be soon and for > £1,000,000 to allow us to strengthen and secure other key players on longer/better deals.  Otherwise it will be a sell-out (again).

With Ohara back I see no place in team for Baccus.....Kiltie, Munce,Mcmeniman, Gogic, Ohara all on team sheet before him for midfield....
As much as Baccus has been great this season if he goes O'Hara just come straight back into his place although be sad to see him playing alongside that Pri** Shinnie can't stand Aberdeen.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

What kind of team runs a four-man midfield with only 5 to pick from

Grow up.

If it does happen then it needs to be soon and for > £1,000,000 to allow us to strengthen and secure other key players on longer/better deals.  Otherwise it will be a sell-out (again).

Another so called "put down" that is overused on here.  Right out of the "Faraway Patter School"! <_<

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

As much as Baccus has been great this season if he goes O'Hara just come straight back into his place although be sad to see him playing alongside that Pri** Shinnie can't stand Aberdeen.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

I have been speaking to someone in the know for a while and he says that Baccus, Strain and O'Hara are on other clubs' radars. That's obviously not something revelationary, but quite scary if all three were to go with no time to replace them! I think that scenario would give me an @elvis outlook on our prospects for the rest of the season.

ETA: 

I had the above comment sitting unpublished from earlier. Just read about the prospect of Robinson going to Hibs, too. Now imagine he also left along with the other three! Any players he had earmarked to bring in would be scuppered, too. Why would he want to strengthen a rival club, after all? Have they all got release clauses? 🤯

Edited by W6er

14 hours ago, W6er said:

I have been speaking to someone in the know for a while and he says that Baccus, Strain and O'Hara are on other clubs' radars. That's obviously not something revelationary, but quite scary if all three were to go with no time to replace them! I think that scenario would give me an @elvis outlook on our prospects for the rest of the season.

ETA: 

I had the above comment sitting unpublished from earlier. Just read about the prospect of Robinson going to Hibs, too. Now imagine he also left along with the other three! Any players he had earmarked to bring in would be scuppered, too. Why would he want to strengthen a rival club, after all? Have they all got release clauses? 🤯

Maybe some of the rumoured bids will materialise, maybe not.  I'd be surprised if we see any changes for saints at this point