jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

If you had taken a second to THINK about it you might have guessed it was a loan deal as he's out of the picture at Celtic.
You're missing the point, as usual.
OTHER TEAMS seem to find players, why not us? 
Exactly other teams FIND players, my initial response of "such as" was to a post asking for a signing of a proven premiership goalscorer.

Yes Griffiths clearly fits that description but even on loan I doubt we could afford the proportion of his wages. The other clubs have indeed found players to score goals over the years but the vast majority were punts taken on guys with limited records at this level

Why we don't seem to fing the holy grail of a 15 goal striker at this level who knows but outwith the OF they really are a rare commodity.

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Exactly other teams FIND players, my initial response of "such as" was to a post asking for a signing of a proven premiership goalscorer.

Yes Griffiths clearly fits that description but even on loan I doubt we could afford the proportion of his wages. The other clubs have indeed found players to score goals over the years but the vast majority were punts taken on guys with limited records at this level

Why we don't seem to fing the holy grail of a 15 goal striker at this level who knows but outwith the OF they really are a rare commodity.

You've went out of your way to conjure up reasons why we shouldn't get rid of a manager who's taken us to the bottom of the league.

As I've said, relegation ISN'T an option if hope to attract these mythical strikers. 

I'm well aware it's not easy but one of the ways we can afford and, more importantly, attract any decent prospect, is by staying in the top league. 

Overall there's been the usual over reaction but we can't afford to become detached, which luckily (our early points tally did come from considerable luck) we aren't at the minute.

I don't think we will lose our next 3 games, Aberdeen game is, IMO. a write off but Motherwell are wide open and while Hamilton aren't very good we should be looing for a point at least. 

The cup games, while many write them off every year when we fall on our arse, are critical to proceed in the cup and get some confidence. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The way we play leaves our strikers feeding on scraps. 15 goals for a player this season, on the way we are set up, would be a miracle. Hope I'm wrong though.

19 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

The way we play leaves our strikers feeding on scraps. 15 goals for a player this season, on the way we are set up, would be a miracle. Hope I'm wrong though.

Spot on. If Obika was getting decent supply in the box, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be far off that tally. 

We're lucky if we've created double figures,  chances wise in our last 4 games. I genuinely feel sorry for our forwards with the scraps they've had to feed on.

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

You've went out of your way to conjure up reasons why we shouldn't get rid of a manager who's taken us to the bottom of the league.

As I've said, relegation ISN'T an option if hope to attract these mythical strikers. 

I'm well aware it's not easy but one of the ways we can afford and, more importantly, attract any decent prospect, is by staying in the top league. 

Overall there's been the usual over reaction but we can't afford to become detached, which luckily (our early points tally did come from considerable luck) we aren't at the minute.

I don't think we will lose our next 3 games, Aberdeen game is, IMO. a write off but Motherwell are wide open and while Hamilton aren't very good we should be looing for a point at least. 

The cup games, while many write them off every year when we fall on our arse, are critical to proceed in the cup and get some confidence. 

I don't either.. we will draw with Hamilton and get humped with Aberdeen and Motherwell. I would put a fare wager on that..  Odds please ? 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
9 hours ago, lenziebud said:
Don't think Mallan is the answer. McGregor would be a good shout on loan though.
If we sell Magennis we 100% need a proven goalscorer at Premiership level.

Such as ???

Doesn't need to have played in Scotland, we need to find someone who can score regular. We need to do better than the recruitment of forwards so far.

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

We could also do with a cup run to help with financial pressures this year.

Just now, lenziebud said:

Doesn't need to have played in Scotland, we need to find someone who can score regular. We need to do better than the recruitment of forwards so far.

You are still not offering up any suggestions. 🤪

2 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Griffiths, and that wasn't me even trying..............................or Googling.

FFS there's players out there, other teams seem to find them.

Wouldn't touch Griffiths. The minute he leaves Celtic Park he is finished if not already

100% agree with you on the sentiment though. 

Also who was the last good quality striker that we produced ourselves ??

Edited by lenziebud

2 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

We should be looking for a point at least against the mighty accies? That says it all 

3 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

What cost relegation? 

We can budget if and when we get relegated.

What you are proposing is called gambling.

Don't you lose enough money at the bookies to know how gambling usually turns out?

It's a mugs game.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We can budget if and when we get relegated.

What you are proposing is called gambling.

Don't you lose enough money at the bookies to know how gambling usually turns out?

It's a mugs game.

Another who doesn't really care that we'd be playing against diddy teams, unable to attract decent players, well, more than now, and yeah, we would budget, but it's more than that.

Our best chance of winning a national trophy is if we're in the top league, bringing in more money and having a better opportunity to sign better players, don't you understand that? 

EVERY team "gambles" as you put it, that's called football. :lol:

As for me, what I win, and it's been considerable over the last year or so, is none of your business. 

It's not just people who gamble that are mugs. :byebye

1 hour ago, eastlandssaint said:

Noticed that Ross county quietly announced he had left, also he tweeted to Marcus fraser hed “see him soon” a month or two ago, my inner Colombo had me thinking he was signing 😂, I honestly thought when we signed Danny Mullen it was him we where signing a few years back and I was chuffed😂 thought he was an absolute player at Livi 

Transfer deadline day and it’s scarily quiet on here... think we will get anybody in? Anybody heard anything ? Not a chance can the board be content with the squad we have when we can’t even fill the bench🙈

On 9/29/2020 at 9:44 PM, lenziebud said:

Wouldn't touch Griffiths. The minute he leaves Celtic Park he is finished if not already

Lavety...... 30 years ago. 

Can't think of any since

2 hours ago, mattman said:

Transfer deadline day and it’s scarily quiet on here... think we will get anybody in? Anybody heard anything ? Not a chance can the board be content with the squad we have when we can’t even fill the bench🙈

Calm down Matt, the deadline is midnight tomorrow.  Loads of time to trawl the depth of those available.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:44 PM, lenziebud said:

Ross Stewart...  We had him from a early age and he was swiftly shown the door 

Kick Ass GIF by memecandy