Marian Kello

div

Kello has been great for us but Dilo had been outstanding before one of the St Johnstone thugs assaulted him. If Kello doesn't sign on the terms we can afford then so be it as I think Dilo will shine when given his chance again.

Would be good if he stayed but Kello will surely be offered better terms by a bigger club than ours.

An absolutely magnificent keeper who's winning us points at the moment. He's the best goalie I've ever seen at St Mirren.SIGNHIMUP

Super keeper but best you have seen for Saints? Personally Dibble and Billy Thompson were great keepers and IMO better than Kello. Were you around to see them? Dennis Connaghan was also a great keepet for us in early 70s.

Super keeper but best you have seen for Saints? Personally Dibble and Billy Thompson were great keepers and IMO better than Kello. Were you around to see them? Dennis Connaghan was also a great keepet for us in early 70s.

You've also missed out Smudger.

Kello has been great for us but Dilo had been outstanding before one of the St Johnstone thugs assaulted him. If Kello doesn't sign on the terms we can afford then so be it as I think Dilo will shine when given his chance again.

Would be good if he stayed but Kello will surely be offered better terms by a bigger club than ours.

dilo good but he doesn't have the same confidence or assured aura that Kello has. The defence trust Kello we trust Kello Edited by norrie82

I think he will stay, not many clubs are looking for a keeper at this time of the season. Think he'll stay and move to a bigger club at the end of the season when contracts expire.

I think that's the best we can hope for as he is a class above anything we can reasonably expect on the wages we can afford.

If he signs till the end of the season I will be delighted... if we can tie him down to a deal lasting beyond the end of the season I will renew my season ticket today!

dilo good but he doesn't have the same confidence or assured aura that Kello has. The defence trust Kello we trust Kello

I actually thought Dilo had a swagger and confidence about him that I admired. Not in the Kello class... but if we couldn't keep Kello then on what I saw, I'd be very confident in Dilo as our number one.

Apart from 2 great saves, was Kello not poor today? His distribution was shocking!!!

(Before we mention Goodwin, Naismith etc)

Aye his distribution can be pretty bad at times! We should now be playing it out from the back IMO. Hes worth every penny hes paid due to the saves hes pulled off recently!

I had moved down to the urthest exit for a quick getaway so was right in line. When I saw their player was reaching the cross I muttered goal to my son and we stood up to leave. The save is astonishing, unbelievable bravery and to then smother the rebound amongst flying boots was equally as impressive. It really was world class goal keeping and it single handedly preserved a point for us. Yes he would be a fantastic signing but not hatd to envisage there will be better options for him so I doubt we can blame the board if we fail to land him

I started watching us regularly in about 1996, so no. Between then and now Kello is the best keeper I've seen for us.

Kello is the best keeper I've seen at St Mirren, although I can only remember as far back as the millennium champions season.

I highly doubt the other goalkeepers mentioned were anything close to being as good as Kello, though. Do Thomson or Dibble have any international caps from back when football was rubbish?

Edited by Murray7

Kello is the best keeper I've seen at St Mirren, although I can only remember as far back as the millennium champions season.

I highly doubt the other goalkeepers mentioned were anything close to being as good as Kello, though. Do Thomson or Dibble have any international caps from back when football was rubbish?

Thompson IIRC hold the record for most (Scottish) caps while playing with us - 7.

Money got a Scottish League Cap back when such games were played.

IMO it is nonsense to mention Kello in a list of the greatest ever St Mirren keepers simply because he has played so few games for us. If he extends his contract and goes on to play 50+ matches for us while maintaining this standard then go ahead and make comparisons.

That said, our BoD should be encouraged to push the boat out and get him to sign for another 18 months.