Aberdeen V Saints, Not Sat 16Th August

bingboy

Terrific point tonight, never expected us to pick up anything here tonight. I thought it was great determination from the lads to not let the heads drop when aberdeens second goal went in when they so easily could have, whether our overall performance tonight actually merited the point or not is another matter but I'm not gonna argue. It certainly makes the journey back home a lot more enjoyable.

What a fantastic result. 2.0 down to a strong Aberdeen team in front of a large home support and we manage to peg it back to 2.2 despite so many key players missing. I think as St Mirren fans we have to give the player's a lot of credit for grafting away despite not always getting the breaks so far this season. Only high flying utd and accies have turned us over and it appears they are destroying better sides than us so onwards and upwards.

Radio peeps seemed very annoyed that little St Mirren had hauled themselves back into the game. Danny started a turn in fortunes with a draw against Aberdeen so let's hope it's the same for Tommy. Only 3 months til Thomohawk is back!

A cheeky wee result in Perth on Saturday would be nice.

I've got to be honest it was a great result tonight considering how many we had out but when in Gods name are we going to address that defence Miller is right we are there for the taking as long as we continue with that defence .

We just played Thistle and Aberdeen away and Septic at home in the last 3 league games. Scored 5 and coceeded 5 gaining 4 points. We are hardly "there for the taking". Total sour grapes from Miller.

If you read TC,s comments on the tactics the full backs did what they were asked. To be brave and play up the pitch. That's what created the chances and goals.

Most opposition managers do not want teams like us playing with five across the middle and the wingbacks racing forward on the counter.

They don't like it because to counter it they have to take the same risks. Thats why Wright was commenting as he was. He disnae fancy coming up against it!

In that case Tommy Wright will be up for a Bafta for his performance tonight.

More seriously we had 9 players in the team tonight from the squad last season, plus a big none too fast goalscorer up front. TC has just about turned full circle. if he could just have lost his idealism and brought in a proper centre back or two we'd be okay, even with all the other uninspired aignings. Hopefully Osbourne can come back in and shore up the defensive unit.

I've got to be honest it was a great result tonight considering how many we had out but when in Gods name are we going to address that defence Miller is right we are there for the taking as long as we continue with that defence .

Who would you play instead?

Got to credit TC

He knows our defence is pish and will lose goals

He also knows our 2 best players are far better going forward and he's trying to keep them in the other half instead of sitting in

What's a formality that cheesy will have a few howlers?

Punished for having no depth ! The BOD are reaping what they sow !

3-0 The Dons.

Guys on sport sound including thommy Wright slating our defending no surprise game over now.

2-0, game over, as we're offering nothing in the final third.

I don't know why people are disappointed we had no chance of getting anything here we are pish when are people going to except this.

they are saying that the Wylde miss could easily of been squared to Ball

its the wee stupid things like that which pisses me off

"LOOK AROUND YOU"

it only takes a milli second

PEENALTY (mclean will miss)

thumbup2.gif

At least you show up after we get a great result.

We won't see JJMG, Norrie etc. till we next lose.

I am on here win or lose bob cat. I was on on Saturday praising the team despite defeat. I have said I want tommy to succeed. What I have also said is that we have also been very poor in games none more so than at fir hill last Tuesday . I am delighted to have nicked a point tonight and if we can nick another on Saturday I will possibly believe that we can actually turn around a season that so far has been nothing short of dreadful. I may be critical on here but you can never say I don't support my team and back them on the field of play. Cheers bob cat

Not many would have seen that coming, especially after going 2-0 down.

As someone has mentioned, not often teams can come back from a 2 goal deficit, even more so up in Aberdeen.

Superb effort from everybody at the club.

We need to use this to get something on Saturday as St Johnstone are shite, but having seen quite a few games down there, we don't play very well.

here mate as much as I will grasp the point with my 3 hands ,it doesn't change the fact we were lucky,altho I think the green vermin were a bit lucky to leave with 3 points on sat ,so we will take anything we get

fantastic,,would have been there but cockles had no bus and broken foot doesn't allow driving good drive back for the 125-150

Right. So you weren't at the game yet you make the comment that Saints were lucky. Would you like to explain that one?

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes