Relegation Beckons

The Board waited far too long to deal with the problem that everybody and their dug could see -that Tommy Craig was never going to cut it as our manager. If they had acted more decisively, then we wouldn't be in this position. Will we stay up? It's a close call.

Had they acted earlier, who knows what would have happened.

I don't think Teale would have got the gig for one.

We may well be stuck with some of Craigs signings that Teale msnaged to ditch.

We probably wouldn't have Dayton, Genev, Sadlier, Sonupe and Arquin.

Would a different managers signings have been as good? Better?

So many unknowns.

Cmon this is ST Mirren were talking about, we thrive on backs to the wall, last game, last kick goals to stay up!

Since we have been promoted we have never went into the last day of the season with a realistic chance of relegation.

Was waiting on a thread like this, surprised it took so long. Doesn't even take a defeat for them to come crawling out the woodwork these days.

Personally I think we will stay up. Looking at our remaining fixtures, we have one game left against a team from the top 5, that's Celtic at home at the start of next month. We have done well against the teams around us recently and I think Gary Teale has made some good signings since his arrival. It will obviously all come down to the last 7 games, but I think we have the experience and quality to get us over the line.

However, there's certainly a good chance we will go down. It's happened to us before and it will happen to us again at some point, that's life for a club like us, maybe it will happen this year. We have came back up before and we will come back up again.

Relegation isn't as bad an outcome as it was pre-playoffs. In the days of one down and one up relegation would have been a complete disaster. Those days are gone and relegation and promotion are both more likely as a result. We could go down, finish 4th out of 10 next season and come straight back up.

Relegation isn't as bad an outcome as it was pre-playoffs. In the days of one down and one up relegation would have been a complete disaster. Those days are gone and relegation and promotion are both more likely as a result. We could go down, finish 4th out of 10 next season and come straight back up.

Relegation, make no mistake, would be a f**king disaster for us. Our playing squad would be absolutely gutted and we'd be starting from scratch trying to get ourselves into a playoff off spot in a division that will likely have Falkirk, QOS, Rangers and maybe even Hibs in it.

Staying up and getting some fresh investment and different ideas at all levels is the only way to go. Relegation with this current BOD will be the same slog it's been for the last few years, I'm afraid.

ETA I still think we'll scrape it and stay up in 10th spot with 'Well going down and Thistle careering into the playoff.

Edited by DLBud

Relegation, make no mistake, would be a f**king disaster for us. Our playing squad would be absolutely gutted and we'd be starting from scratch trying to get ourselves into a playoff off spot in a division that will likely have Falkirk, QOS, Rangers and maybe even Hibs in it.

Would our squad being gutted be a bad thing? I think our squad will be gutted regardless if we stay up or not. From memory the players we have under contract for next year are Naismith, McLear, Baird, Kelly, Mallan and Ridgers.

I can't see there being anyone wanting to pay a fee for any of them, so they will still be here next season. Will any of the others stay? Maybe Goodwin. Probably McAusland and McGinn - unless someone wants to pay a development fee for him. I think the rest will probably leave regardless if we survive or not.

Most clubs have a large turnover of players in the close season and we will be no different this summer. I certainly won't be running scared of QOTS and Falkirk though!

I suppose that depends if it's then filled with the bargain basement shite we've been subjected to in the last few years.

If we go down it'll be filled with even worse, cheaper shite than the board have sanctioned in the last couple of years. Anyone who thinks going down wouldn't be that big a deal is completely deluded.

Let's hope we've got enough fight in us to get through this.

If we go down it'll be filled with even worse, cheaper shite than the board have sanctioned in the last couple of years. Anyone who thinks going down wouldn't be that big a deal is completely deluded.

Fact or in your opinion ?

Since we have been promoted we have never went into the last day of the season with a realistic chance of relegation.

Was waiting on a thread like this, surprised it took so long. Doesn't even take a defeat for them to come crawling out the woodwork these days.

Personally I think we will stay up. Looking at our remaining fixtures, we have one game left against a team from the top 5, that's Celtic at home at the start of next month. We have done well against the teams around us recently and I think Gary Teale has made some good signings since his arrival. It will obviously all come down to the last 7 games, but I think we have the experience and quality to get us over the line.

However, there's certainly a good chance we will go down. It's happened to us before and it will happen to us again at some point, that's life for a club like us, maybe it will happen this year. We have came back up before and we will come back up again.

Absolutely , relegation is not a bad outcome. whistling.gif All relative I suppose. Maybe away from the Top league might see St Mirren win some more fixtures, enjoy some free scoring football on occasions, travel to some quirky grounds. A lot of supporters might enjoy the change. I'm sure after a few seasons of real diddy football though , even the masochists would agree that relegation was maybe better avoided.

Anyway, its not over until the fat useless balding cnunt in black blows his whistle on this season. That cannae happen quick enough for me

Why are we having some doomed predictions now. I think we are on up now???

County have done well after new year- surprise surprise. County beating Thistle brings them into picture, at this stage last season Hibs were 11 points off play off?

And we were in mire as we always are- its what we do.

Now there is every chance we might finish 11th or 12th, but also 9th and considering the apt of TC and selling KM that would be some achievement.

Personally I hold out we will avoid play offs, and that Thistle and Well will fill those slots, its more than hope, its the fact that we have been here 7 out of 8 years and I can see the fight in the players.

Lets not forget KM is a huge loss but we just won our first home game without him, plus we pass it more now rather than gimme the ball Kenny.

If we do go down then there will be reasons as long as there are no excuses, we have 10 games left, we play St J and Tic the other 8 is aganst team around us, so lets see the heart and fight from all here.

To stop being nice- If you think Saints are already down you have obviously never supported them before and if you want glory support Real!!!

I'm pretty sure the Well, County and Jags fans aren't feeling comfortable either.

They won't have written us off so why should our own fans?

Yes we're deep in trouble and probably just marginal favourites to finish bottom but I don't think any of the teams around us are any better than us.

It's still all to play for and we should all be up for the fight. From the way they played against Accies, it certainly looks like the players are.

I can see us taking three points at Killie with a few goals for good measure! But that wont change the way the table looks very much, this fellow buddies is going all the way to 'squeaky erse' time and beyond!

Get your tickets booked for the last game after the split As soon as they are on sale, its gonna be a full house for a heart-stopping, gut-churning, flatulence-flowing, nerve-shredding mother of all last game, last kick stramashes! And then some! You'll no be able to buy a packet of Imodium in the Burgh for love nor money.

Quote from potential final match sponsors website: "Everyone is familiar with the occasional bout of diarrhoea, but some people suffer more frequently" they feckin will on that day!

Edited by Lord Pityme

On P&B the Thistle fans reckon they are now in freefall with no sign of improvement and little chance of winning any more games. They draw great parallels with Hibs ie 'no need to worry or make an effort as we have points on the board so it doesn't matter if we lose a few games'. When that happens you suddenly wake up to the fact that you are now in the same shit as teams around you and have got to find a fighting spirit from somewhere and Hibs couldn't. We have known for a long time the shit we are in and we have a pedigree of team spirit and getting out of tight situations. Thistle are just entering this situation.

And what a defeatist bunch the Thistle supporters are! smile.png

Edited by Sonny

Silly to be throwing in the towel at this stage. 50% of the games we have left are against the three teams around us.

The 10 games we have left are most likely going to be;

Motherwell (H&A)

County (H&A)

Partick (H)

Kilmarnock (H&A)

Dundee (A)

St.Johnstone (A)

Celtic (H)

Aside from Celtic at home I don't see any reason why we can't pick up points in any of the other 9 games there.

It's going to be very tight but it's important that we remain positive and behind the team.

Silly to be throwing in the towel at this stage. 50% of the games we have left are against the three teams around us.

The 10 games we have left are most likely going to be;

Motherwell (H&A)

County (H&A)

Partick (H)

Kilmarnock (H&A)

Dundee (A)

St.Johnstone (A)

Celtic (H)

Aside from Celtic at home I don't see any reason why we can't pick up points in any of the other 9 games there.

It's going to be very tight but it's important that we remain positive and behind the team.

Div I know it's your site, but you just can't go around posting sensible and reasoned arguments on here, it will only upset the applecart.

Div I know it's your site, but you just can't go around posting sensible and reasoned arguments on here, it will only upset the applecart.

He's no daft.

He knows that those are exactly the reasoned, rational responses that are bound to enrage the gloom-ridden nutters and trolls and drive traffic numbers up.