Mads Ibenfeldt

Big_Mougie

FFS, we have to 'beat off' other teams to sign players they're interested in? No wonder we've been getting fewer and fewer players in....

Do we have to beat off the entire team, or just a nominated individual?

Haining's approach to a match was to put in an early crunching tackle (fine.... usually), and then go missing for periods on the basis that opposition players would stay out of his way. He would then pop up with a completely unnecessary lunge somewhere in the middle of the park, pick up a booking, and you would be watching through your fingers for the remainder of the game, waiting on him picking up another.

Cuthbert, Broadfoot, and McGregor were all better players, and contributed more to the team effort. Haining could be decent in the air, though, I'll give him that.

Did Haining actually ever get sent off for us.

My main memories is him playing a blinder at Fir Park where I think we drew 1-1. As he made sure the ball ended up as far away from our goal as possible any time it came near him.

There's too much fondness for McGregor. If he didn't have slightly more pace than we're used too, his mistakes would have been more noticeable.

My main memories is him playing a blinder at Fir Park where I think we drew 1-1. As he made sure the ball ended up as far away from our goal as possible any time it came near him.

There's too much fondness for McGregor. If he didn't have slightly more pace than we're used too, his mistakes would have been more noticeable.

He got sent off at Sellic Pk for nothing.

He got harshly sent off at Celtic park

My point was that he would either pick up an early booking, or look likely to do so, then that would undermine the extent to which he could properly perform his role for the rest of a match.

Anyway, its all about opinions. I just never seen much in him to warrant the admiration that he seemed to court. A look at his career over the piece might bear that position out.

My point was that he would either pick up an early booking, or look likely to do so, then that would undermine the extent to which he could properly perform his role for the rest of a match.

Anyway, its all about opinions. I just never seen much in him to warrant the admiration that he seemed to court. A look at his career over the piece might bear that position out.

Most of the time his defensive partner was Potter so in comparison to him Haining was fantastic, which may be what people are basing their judgement on. He got sent off against Caley Thistle in his first season, think one of his bookings was for kicking the ball away when he'd booted it straight to the corner flag.

Out of the defenders we've had since promotion Broadfoot was comfortably the best.

Kirk beats mcgregor a million percent. Mcgregor couldn't lace his boots. The plaudits mcgregor gets on here is unbelievable. Man you would think he was Beckenbauer the way some bang on. He was tough in.the tackle but couldn't pass and is a terrible reader of the game

Broadfoot, Haining, Cuthbert and Chris Innes were all better defenders than McGregor, I actually thought Innes was very underrated for us.

The state of this thread.

Correct. Its gone right off course and posts are irrelevant to the topic.

Much like mist of faraway saint's posts*...

(* minus all the abuse and needless smileys)

Actually, scrub that. Despite the irrelevance of the posts, at least they are intelligent and its a good debate. You could never say that about any faraway posts!

flipa.gif

Correct. Its gone right off course and posts are irrelevant to the topic.

Much like mist of faraway saint's posts*...

(* minus all the abuse and needless smileys)

Actually, scrub that. Despite the irrelevance of the posts, at least they are intelligent and its a good debate. You could never say that about any faraway posts!

flipa.gif

Don't cry............................lol.giflol.giflol.gif

When are we signing more forwards.....................seems this is the cry from the matchday thread. whistling.gif