Alloa Athletic V St Mirren Championship 19/12/15

shull

The most important thing today was to get three points and we achieved it.

We were by no means outstanding but there was a graft and energy that we haven't seen much of this season.

It wasn't great conditions for a game of football, but fair play to Alloa they pressed and closed us down every single time we had the ball. If they had sat back, I don't know how successful we would have been.

But like I said, 3 points in the bag, Merry Christmas, fresh start.

The most important thing today was to get three points and we achieved it.

We were by no means outstanding but there was a graft and energy that we haven't seen much of this season.

It wasn't great conditions for a game of football, but fair play to Alloa they pressed and closed us down every single time we had the ball. If they had sat back, I don't know how successful we would have been.

But like I said, 3 points in the bag, Merry Christmas, fresh start.

Spot on. Baby steps but given that was a horrific pitch, and in testing conditions, it was a reasonable performance.

Yesterday's game confirmed for me that Agnew and Carswell are next to useless for us in midfield. Agnew cannot for the life of him hold off a challenge, and loses the ball every time. His passes at close quarters are generally over hit. Carswell tries hard to get into the game, but makes little impact. Yesterday McMullan and Reid moved it from midfield forward, with McMullan chasing back and getting a few decent tackles in winning us back possesion.

We dont get that from Agnew and Carswell and if there was an opportunity I Would expect Rae to move them on for a couple of decent midfielders, one who can hold and break up play, and one to boss the game, pulling the strings.

When Goody is back he will revel in a performance like yesterday, but we need some experience in there beside him, and Agnew and Carswell just dont have it, hence why one was released, and the other should still be plying his trade under the Rock.

The proof in the pudding will be the next two games. Even Murray managed an away victory but I do hope I'm proven wrong as far as Rae is concerned. By the sounds of it the workrate was upped by the players and they were more aware of what their jobs were so the early signs appear positive.

Edited by stlucifer

Considering what we had to endure under Murray that was a good performance and a good result, not an easy place to travel as Gers showed last year. Livi game massive as much as its at home. Unlike some turncoats I am happy with apt of Rae, a wee terrier that is what is needed and 3 points versus ;Livi we can go to Cappielow with hope.

Its not time will tell crap, you could say that about everything in life. Rae is a good guy, showed at Dundee that he can cut it at this level and compete, he also has great experience so I reckon we are lucky to have him.

But then again I am a glass half full Saints fan,

The quality of the female st mirren fans has improved markedly, not the usual fat repulsive guinness drinking roll up smoking farting geezerburds thumbup2.gif

who was the absolute fud with the Xmas onsie on Saturday, his mate as well with the square jaw and lisp, absolute pair of bangers..show off at every away game and language is shocking!!! Edited by religion is saints