Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
faraway saint

St Mirren v Hamilton, Wed 17th Feb 2021

Recommended Posts

We have to remember just how bad Well were against Accies

Plus 10 men, plus so lucky with goals 3 and 4

 

Also Sevco were pure mince against them

I think even with injuries we are to good for them

 

3-0 Saints- Top 6 soon to be Top 5 

Edited by DougJamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think Bet365 have any clue about the injury issues and have failed to notice the unflushable turd warming up for its annual survival gig. I'd have it 6/4 Saints and 7/4 Turd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, scam75 said:

I dont think Bet365 have any clue about the injury issues and have failed to notice the unflushable turd warming up for its annual survival gig. I'd have it 6/4 Saints and 7/4 Turd.

Un-flushable turd! 🤣 Couldn’t put it better myself. 
Let’s hope we raise it and go at them Wednesday from the outset. 2-1 saints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel surprisingly upbeat about this match. I know Accies are on the back of a couple of cracking results, but having watched the highlights, Well’s defence were all over the place in the first half and I don’t think we’ll play as badly as that.

We do need to keep 11 players on the park though.

2-0 or 2-1 victory for us Obika and McAllister.

COYS !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for a goalfest last weekend, it didn’t materialise sadly but still a good away point.

Hamilton are always a difficult opponent, but on this occasion Saints will be more than a match for them.

Injuries are about to start impacting on our season over the next few weeks at least so I hope we find the right shape and set up to win as opposed to not lose.

Saints 3-1 Hamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking us out the  drop equation for once 

 

It is so tight now for race to bottom

Killie must be bricking themselves, Accies are so used to it,  and County have Yogi and that usually a bad sign and the wrong end of table

 

Still hope its Killie and Accies, so we get shot of plastic crap.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Flynn is fit it would be a huge boost for the us going into the game. 
 

We need to find out shooting boots again, I’d play McAlister behind Obika. 
 

3 points Wednesday would be huge. It separates us further from the bottom 6 and sets down a marker! Beating the teams below us is the key. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Still hope its Killie and Accies, so we get shot of plastic crap.....

 

 

Rather see County go down, who wants to travel to Dingwall in the dead of winter.  Along with Accies. 

Edited by pod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Taking us out the  drop equation for once 

 

It is so tight now for race to bottom

Killie must be bricking themselves, Accies are so used to it,  and County have Yogi and that usually a bad sign and the wrong end of table

 

Still hope its Killie and Accies, so we get shot of plastic crap.....

 

 

As much as I’d love to get rid of Accies something inside me wants it to be Motherwell and Killie for the drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2021 at 11:21 AM, DougJamie said:

We have to remember just how bad Well were against Accies

Plus 10 men, plus so lucky with goals 3 and 4

 

Also Sevco were pure mince against them

I think even with injuries we are to good for them

 

3-0 Saints- Top 6 soon to be Top 5 

I agree - we are streets ahead of them even with the injury situation we've a much better squad to choose from and a more tactically adept manager. Home win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HSS said:

As much as I’d love to get rid of Accies something inside me wants it to be Motherwell and Killie for the drop.

It would benefit us next season if those two went down for sure...

I can't see it though - Well have been rank against Hamilton all season, but have been better in other games recently. Killie are on some run but their new manager has just arrived and he will make them more resilient I would think.

RC bounced when Yogi arrived but they have been poor for a number of games since. Hamilton are the maverick mob. They can get thumped and then suddenly pull off unexpected results.  It's a big match for them and us tomorrow for sure!

I am also not confident that the Premiership play-off team will be worse than the one in the Championship either, but you never know!

Right now, I'd place RC in bottom place, Hamilton next and Killie a close 3rd last - Well 4th last. Let's see what happens over the next few matches to see who has the ba**s for the battle !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HSS said:

As much as I’d love to get rid of Accies something inside me wants it to be Motherwell and Killie for the drop.

Hamilton and St Johnstone would be my preference, although unlikely now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't want to go to Dingwall in the winter, but it's fine

 in Spring or Autumn. Nice morning run up to Inverness. Leisurely lunch, then on to Dingwall on the train which drops you conveniently right across the road from the ground. After the win, train back to Inverness for a couple of drinks before evening train home. Lovely day out!

Back at on topic. A bit worried about tomorrow night's games because of our injuries. We really need to win as it's one of our games in hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accies are and always have been right at the top of my list for any number of reasons.

Shite ground (embarrassment to the SP)

Plastic pitch

No fans

There’s actually no argument for them staying up.

I’m a wee bit more ambivalent as to who went down with them. Livi tick the plastic pitch and no fans boxes, but they’re obviously not going to go down. Killie obviously tick the plastic pitch box, but I don’t want to see the “bigger” teams going down, particularly ones I have no beef with. I just wish they’d change their pitch.

I don’t buy into the making things easier for us next season argument. I want the best teams in the league.

So I guess for that reason I’d say Hearts to replace Accies and either the Pars or the soap dodgers (purely for self interest reasons) to replace RossCo. If not Pars or Morton, maybe Rovers. 

 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go for Hamilton and Ross county to go down. Hamilton's luck will run out eventually. Would have said kilmarnock before but I think Tommy Wright will steer them away from trouble.

Hearts and Dundee to come up.

Seems bizarre all this as we are usually in that mix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Accies are and always have been right at the top of my list for any number of reasons.

Shite ground (embarrassment to the SP)

Plastic pitch

No fans

There’s actually no argument for them staying up.

I’m a wee bit more ambivalent as to who went down with them. Livi tick the plastic pitch and no fans boxes, but they’re obviously not going to go down. Killie obviously tick the plastic pitch box, but I don’t want to see the “bigger” teams going down, particularly ones I have no beef with. I just wish they’d change their pitch.

I don’t buy into the making things easier for us next season argument. I want the best teams in the league.

So I guess for that reason I’d say Hearts to replace Accies and either the Pars or the soap dodgers (purely for self interest reasons) to replace RossCo. If not Pars or Morton, maybe Rovers. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I'd go for Hamilton and Ross county to go down. Hamilton's luck will run out eventually. Would have said kilmarnock before but I think Tommy Wright will steer them away from trouble.

Hearts and Dundee to come up.

Seems bizarre all this as we are usually in that mix. 

Bloody hell. Forgot about Dundee. Yes, them to come up with Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want the biggest teams (support-wise) in the top flight, we need to see Dundee and Hearts coming up with Ross County and Hamilton going down.

The following season we'd need to see Livingston or St Johnstone go down with Dunfermline coming up.

It's good to see small teams getting into the top flight but I'm sick of seeing so many teams with no fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

If you want the biggest teams (support-wise) in the top flight, we need to see Dundee and Hearts coming up with Ross County and Hamilton going down.

The following season we'd need to see Livingston or St Johnstone go down with Dunfermline coming up.

It's good to see small teams getting into the top flight but I'm sick of seeing so many teams with no fans.

Absolutely this ^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you want the biggest teams (support-wise) in the top flight, we need to see Dundee and Hearts coming up with Ross County and Hamilton going down.

The following season we'd need to see Livingston or St Johnstone go down with Dunfermline coming up.

It's good to see small teams getting into the top flight but I'm sick of seeing so many teams with no fans.

Must be the first season in history that Hamilton have consistently matched every other team in the league in terms of attendance 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...