Sign in to follow this  
billyg

St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

Jack is a Buddie, he stayed when Dundee came calling and the relationship he has with Stephen McGinn is based on their love of our club.  He is ambitious and will want to win the league, listen to his interviews, he won't walk now but whether or not he will stay next season depends on just how ambitious we are going to be.  Better clubs than Barnsley will come calling!

Don't assume James would stay if Jack goes and while Jim is a legend, he is not a manger I am afraid. 

Jack orchestrated Lewis Morgan's move to Glasgow and will know how to manage his own career which is best served by winning the Championship and then sustaining SPL status next year.  After that, Aberdeen then Manchester United are both within his capability.  Never seen anybuddie more Ferguson than Jack!

As proud to be a Buddie as Jack!

Murty stands down in the summer...so there is one job jack will be linked to

McInnes might still take the Scotland job...so theres another

ANY manager could lose his job in England...so there is a few

its going to be a tense Summer for the Buddies

BUT we go up as Champions and its ST.MIRREN that counts

Hell even Dundee UTD will be looking for a manager hahahahahaha

i dont care to be honest...the managerial merry-go-round is a joke..

i hope jack stays...but if he goes...he goes..good luck big fella..if not??? ...TOP 6 :-)

Soooo....Livvy on Saturday....1-3 

JR's first few months as St Mirren manager were (at best) unconvincing.

IIRC our league position deteriorated considerably during his early tenure. The January window of 2016/17 allowed him to ditch deadwood and bring in players to suit his style of play. His success has been based on that restructuring. If JR was to take up the challenge at Barnsley right now he wouldn't be able to strengthen his squad this season. Relegation would be likely. Why would he trash his golden reputation at the expense of staying put with St Mirren and adding a Championship to his list of achievements.

He would be mad to jump ship before the end of this season. His reputation would be greatly enhanced with something tangible on his CV. More prestigious English clubs than Barnsley would be likely to come calling in the summer.

10 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

As a club we should always be looking for the next Fergie as manager. We may well have found him.

could well be the next Jim Clunie or Ricike McFarlan we are looking for, and that turned out pretty well.

Edited by farmer john
spelling

could well be the next Jim Cluny or Ricike McFarlan we are looking for, and that turned out pretty well.

It’s all relative and managers are a transient breed like players now. Ross was unconvincing but got control and is now being compared to Ferguson.

A long way to go yet we are already being crowned as Ross’s champions and speculating on his successor.

Hmmmmmm, next up, an Spl manager????

52 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Herald this morning saying that Barnsley will make a move but JR likely to stay at the club until the end of the season.

Maybe Barnsley could come in and buy him, he then heads to Barnsley for a photie and then returns on loan for the rest of the season!!!!!

Ian Murray saying in The Sun Ross should take the Barnsley job. Good to see they've got someone who hasn't badmouthed the club since he left. Looking forward to Alex Rae's views tomorrow.

Yesterday Jack was top of the list, being approached for the job. Today he's on the shortlist. Tomorrow he won't have been approached - things are going backwards in the press - almost as if the first story was a total punt...

Tony said:

“We will see what happens if Barnsley get in touch but what I will say, and I’m not counting any chickens here, is that Jack could be on his way to a league winning season with St Mirren, and that is a huge thing.

“But if we do get to the summer and our manager hasn’t changed, I’m expecting 100 clubs to come in for him. If they don’t want our manager, they want our young players. That’s says everything you need to know about St Mirren right now.

“Barnsley will need to talk to me. What I will tell them is we do not want Jack to go.”

The Paisley club were enduring a wretched run and found themselves in deep trouble when Ross was poached from Alloa Athletic in October 2016 to replace Alex Rae.

After a difficult start, St Mirren eventually emerged from the relegation places and are not odds-on to return to the Premiership.

Fitzpatrick said: “What Jack has done for us is remarkable. They will make a film about this one day. We had it in our minds that he had huge potential and could be a top manager, but he’s surpassed all expectations.

“In saying that, we did our due diligence and took time to get in the right man. The more I learned about Jack, the more impressed I was. We all love him. That goes for players, supporters and directors.

“Look, he is going to get a big, big job one day. Managing St Mirren is a big job, I know that better than anyone, but this is a guy with who has it all to achieve at the very top of management.”

Says it all really. Get the title and the world opens up for JR and our players. 

The next bit - should we get there - is to stay in the Top League and then reach Top 6. With or without JR. IMO