jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, saintnextlifetime said:

I don't know if Dumbarton will survive or not , what l do know is , so far they have not been relegated but is it not the case that usually , the team from the league above prevail ?

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Often but no divine right - I predict Alloa will prevail

Alas my prophesy is fulfilled - Well Done Alloa.... Goodwin... Stewart and Kirkpatrick...

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Probably right. 

I am on a roll though - I predicted Aberdeen as Scotland's 2nd best team too and a number of other things like Murray being a complete dud,  Sutton making no further contribution to our season and us needing at least 10 new squad players etc. etc.

Maybe we need a new thread or 2 - things we predicted and got right and things we predicted and got wrong...?  OOPS (new prediction - some folk won't like this)

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am on a roll though - I predicted Aberdeen as Scotland's 2nd best team too and a number of other things like Murray being a complete dud,  Sutton making no further contribution to our season and us needing at least 10 new squad players etc. etc.

Maybe we need a new thread or 2 - things we predicted and got right and things we predicted and got wrong...?  OOPS (new prediction - some folk won't like this)

f**k'em , wire in dude , it's all part of the entertainment . I think most of the moaners have been sinbinned anyway. .:P

A Dee fan over on P/B saying Ohara and Holt have signed a pre contract with us. 
I've saw this quoted various places in last 24 hours.

The thing that makes me think it's alot of crap is why is the information they have signed a "Pre Contract"???

Surely now the season is finished for both teams they can just sign a "Contract".

Most players who sign pre contracts do so well before end of the season if they had done this it would have been common knowledge long ago.

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

maw

mɔː/

noun

the jaws or throat of a voracious animal.

"a gigantic wolfhound with a fearful, gaping maw"

informal

the mouth or gullet of a greedy person.

"I was cramming large pieces of toast and cheese down my maw"

synonyms:mouth, jaws, muzzle, throat, gullet; More

What about it? :)

maw
Scottish slang for "your mother" usually used as a quick retort to an insult.
person1- you suck Dick
Person2- aye yer maw's dick.

I wiz shaggin yer maw.

Yer Maw's Muff smells like tuna.

. .hope this helps

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You might want to change your name to Nostradamus. I would go for setting up the thread.  Might be interesting to  see how we get on in the prophecy sphere. 

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I've saw this quoted various places in last 24 hours.

The thing that makes me think it's alot of crap is why is the information they have signed a "Pre Contract"???

Surely now the season is finished for both teams they can just sign a "Contract".

Most players who sign pre contracts do so well before end of the season if they had done this it would have been common knowledge long ago.

Well, he isn't a 'free agent' yet, until his contract officially expires. He might have signed for us on a pre contract already but don't think we'd like to make it public until such times as he's a 'free agent'. There's lots of loopholes in these 'pre contracts' that can be exploited - see the Richard Brittain St Johnstone/Ross County scenario.