Next St Mirren Manager

Read some of the comments Hearts fans posted about Locke when they were losing every week last season.

Indeed Billy Brown had a meltdown on national radio after Michael Stewart had said they were a poorly coached side.

They only started performing when they were already relegated and their games became meaningless.

Great job? Most Hearts fans wanted him sacked for nearly all of last season, including at the end. Could show you the thread on JKB if you so desire.

No desire.

Admittedly they performed when the pressure was off... I don't find that a surprise under the circumstances.

What I did notice in our end of season game was a well motivated, well coached and well shaped team.

Even without the points deduction Hearts would have finished 11th, just ahead of Hibs.

They were a shambles for much of the season and they were not the team of kids they were sometimes made out to be. Our team this season probably relies on youth players more! Gary Locke would be a terrible appointment, I have no idea why so many of you want us to be some training ground for clueless managers. It is high time for someone who knows what they are doing to be put in charge, fix the scouting system, the youth system, bring in some decent players and clear out the deadwood. Locke would do none of that.

One swallow doesn't make a Summer. Judge him after at least 6 matches.

To be fair it's not one swallow, the team were really unlucky to lose last week despite being down to 10 men for 75 mins.

The signs are good but we need to be careful, Gary Teale has got off to a good start.

To be fair it's not one swallow, the team were really unlucky to lose last week despite being down to 10 men for 75 mins.

The signs are good but we need to be careful, Gary Teale has got off to a good start.

Agree mate, but we do need an experienced person in due course. If Gary proves me wrong and we go on a winning streak then I will be the first to say I was wrong. 3 points against a poor Killie team would be great.

Gus did OK as a novice manager. If we keep playing with the energy shown in the 'Well game, and get more results like today's - the job should be given to Teale and Longwell. In two weeks, they have picked us off the canvas and instilled clearly visible fight, organisation, will, and pride. They have made a couple of bold selections, and haven't shirked in making substitutions. They could not have done much more than they have.

The job is theirs to lose. They should be given every chance to build upon the Motherwell performance and Dundee result.

No need to rush things.Our budget dictates the fact we cant bring in many players,if any at all so i,m more than happy to go with Gary and David.Our team seem more galvanised already and the introduction of McLear and Mallan shows our youth aint too shabby either.I watch the under 20,s often and i,m not surprised by the current crop showing their worth.A couple of auld heeds in and we will really be on the march.