Jump to content

jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts


50 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yes it's experience we need up front and one or two other positions. On BAWA twitter read we would be surprised who would be let go

Don't know why you are surprised that Sutton and Irvine will be away.. Both big earners who have not contributed much during the season : and neither fitted JR's way of playing

Irvine is a decent defender, but not so great going forward - he will do a job for another Championship team next season. Sutton will be lucky to get a Championship team but he might

Neither good enough for the Top league now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Thomas O'Ware can f**k off.

This is even more embarrassing than the Jai Quitongo debate that broke out on here a while ago!

Just wait for the, er....debate that will take place if a certain PCA rumour I'm hearing is accurate<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Don't know why you are surprised that Sutton and Irvine will be away.. Both big earners who have not contributed much during the season : and neither fitted JR's way of playing

Irvine is a decent defender, but not so great going forward - he will do a job for another Championship team next season. Sutton will be lucky to get a Championship team but he might

Neither good enough for the Top league now

I did not mention any names these ones you mention are obvious,  from the tweet I picked up surprise as regulars from the first team. Time will tell going to be an interesting closed season but a hard read on here at times. Getting the 12 o'clock ferry couple of beers on it,  arriving at Wemyss Bay into the station bar for the 20min wait for the train. The station bar is owned by a Saints fan so always a warm welcome. On the train change at Port Glasgow for the St James train wonder if Morton fans will be on it. Arrive at St James into the 1877 club something to eat and more beer. After the game into Paisley to party this it not speculation but fact. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be surprised if Reilly is with us next year (I hope he stays) and can only presume Mullen was brought in as his replacement. Don't be surprised if Morgan ends up back with us for the season.  If Ryan Christie was unlikely to get into the Celtic first team,  I can't see Morgan being any different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

RE-SPECULATION ABOUT O'Ware - Until a few weeks ago Morton had the best defensive record in the Championship - so who then is their defensive star? (and surely O'Ware played his part?)

FURTHER SPECULATION on our Squad for next season : I think it is likely we will start next season with Davis, MacK and Baird plus 1 - it depends how much a priority JR makes of his 4th centre back. (i.e. is he looking for someone to be his new 1st choices or a back up probably along with Baird?)

I have no doubt that a really good striker would be the No.1 priority (Tall, strong and clinical) - presume we will retain Reilly and Mullen - But if Reilly goes I would be looking for another..

Then 2nd a goal scoring midfielder and 3rd a defensive midfielder...  (another creative one (good clinical passer) would be wise too)

After that a pair of Right backs and a left back.. (Smith was great over the season, but on a couple of occasions he was found wanting and played a major part in us losing 2 goals - not sure if we can get him back anyway without a fee).

Lastly a goal keeper to challenge or dislodge Samson

I make that 9 or 10 already...  makes me laugh at so many folk who think we need to sign 3 or 4 Premiership Quality players..

(Players like Davis, MacK, Baird and Samson and some others were among the best in the Championship - they could do a job in the Premiership BUT as always good management sorts out the bottlenecks and weaknesses in the Team/Business - so the weakest links need to be replaced with players who are superior... (fitter, stronger, technically more gifted etc..)

What we really need is strong competition for places and guys who can come in without weakening the team - that way we can ride through suspensions and injuries unless we are very unlucky - then emergency loans or youth players (if they are deemed good enough) can step up....

Someone might even start a thread for each of these positions... Ha-Ha

Even FURTHER SPECULATION - PS I still know a Proven Premiership striker who would love to lead our line next season... but he is on a very good contract, but not getting games

O we could do with him...possibly a loan...

Step away from the fecking crayons. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, melmac said:

I'd be surprised if Reilly is with us next year (I hope he stays) and can only presume Mullen was brought in as his replacement. Don't be surprised if Morgan ends up back with us for the season.  If Ryan Christie was unlikely to get into the Celtic first team,  I can't see Morgan being any different.

I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Sutton will be lucky to get a Championship team but he might

Don't see why Sutton wouldn't get into another Championship side. His main quality has always been to score goals, not things like pace or skill so (like Boyd) he can still have another year or two. A team in dire need of goals would be silly to turn him down (wage demands aside). Dumbarton spring to mind but obviously they have to contend with the playoffs first. Someone like Ayr if they come up could find him useful, or QOTS if Dobbie left. He scored a decent amount of goals 2 seasons ago then lost his place after Reilly's goal scoring form and the arrival of Mullen. I think he can still do it in the Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Don't see why Sutton wouldn't get into another Championship side. His main quality has always been to score goals, not things like pace or skill so (like Boyd) he can still have another year or two. A team in dire need of goals would be silly to turn him down (wage demands aside). Dumbarton spring to mind but obviously they have to contend with the playoffs first. Someone like Ayr if they come up could find him useful, or QOTS if Dobbie left. He scored a decent amount of goals 2 seasons ago then lost his place after Reilly's goal scoring form and the arrival of Mullen. I think he can still do it in the Championship.

He has played in 20 games this season and scored 2 goals... (only 1 in the Championship, the other in the diddy cup) not the stuff of dreams...

He is a good trier, and was a much better player a few years ago... but it has caught up with him... he is slow, not great at control, not brilliant at being in the right place etc..

Only my opinion... but let's wait and see what offers he gets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

He has played in 20 games this season and scored 2 goals... (only 1 in the Championship, the other in the diddy cup) not the stuff of dreams...

He is a good trier, and was a much better player a few years ago... but it has caught up with him... he is slow, not great at control, not brilliant at being in the right place etc..

Only my opinion... but let's wait and see what offers he gets?

He looked done at St Johnstone when he was only getting sub appearances then hit the mark with us. Considering just about all his appearances are sub ones quoting 2 goals in 20 is a bit unfair. I think if he gets regular starts he can still bag 10 goals for someone in this league. As you say, we shall see what offer he gets...

He's ex Raith isn't he? He returned to Motherwell, returned to Saints...next stop Kirkcaldy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, David Mc said:

7 to 9 players needed to come in according to JR on BBC site tonight with emphasis on physicality. And another first team coach.

 

Wonder if the coach might be Donati.

Pleased to hear he wants more physicality. Remember when we had managers with massive blind spots to the gaps in the squad? Massively frustrating. You just get the sense Jack sees the game exactly as you'd hope he would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, David Mc said:

7 to 9 players needed to come in according to JR on BBC site tonight with emphasis on physicality. And another first team coach.

 

We had a team that could compete in the Championship, now we need one that can survive in the Premiership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pod said:

We had a team that could compete in the Championship, now we need one that can survive in the Premiership.

JR also said tonight he's not interested in just surviving. Get the feeling he may really go for it next season. Looking forward to a wee Europa League trip, I was too young / skint last time we made it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Wonder if the coach might be Donati.

Pleased to hear he wants more physicality. Remember when we had managers with massive blind spots to the gaps in the squad? Massively frustrating. You just get the sense Jack sees the game exactly as you'd hope he would.

I think you might be right about Donati as a coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hendo said:

JR also said tonight he's not interested in just surviving. Get the feeling he may really go for it next season. Looking forward to a wee Europa League trip, I was too young / skint last time we made it. 

While this is very open to perception it's not unreasonable.

IF he stays with us, you cannot underestimate the value of a good manager, which JR has shown, so far, to be.

Nothing is impossible, but putting us into the mix of the current top league I'd be overjoyed to survive easily with no relegation worries. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...