Eric Djemba Djemba

Seems like a good signing on paper, well done to all concerned in getting a player of this calibre to the club.

The proof of the pudding though is how well the player plays. No point in being a reasonably big name if you can't cut it on the park.

Also hope Danny has a clear strategy for where he will play and that does not mean sticking Goodwin back into the defence !

Looking forward to the debut on Sunday !

This has to be the most intriguing signing we've made in years. Hope he's in good shape, certainly brings experience, and like was mentioned earlier in the thread, when did we last have someone with a realistic shot at a World Cup squad.

Welcome to Paisley Eric

Dont know what to make of this. Lennon states at the press conference that he will provide additional defensive midfield cover allowing attacking players to get forward but he will have to drop an attacking player to accommodate Dj-Dj (Im assuming he is to be played in tandem with Goodwin rather than instead of). Yes we could do with more goals and cover for or an alternative to Goodwin but I have never attributed our lack of goals to creative players being forced to defend. Again not a squeak about our honking defensive record its as if Danny is oblivious to the goals we concede and thinks more goals will be the answer. I hope this works out I really do but it's right out left field.

I think your football knowledge is slightly lacking here friend, the 4-2-3-1 formation is very popular with some of Europes elite. With the 2 quality holding midfielders it gives all 4 attacking players a lot of freedom but also gives huge protection to the back 4.

This is a sensational signing just be happy

Edited by Simon_Towel

Not exactly the most flattering write up of a player that I have ever seen, but hopefully he'll be hungry and eager to prove he is worthy of a place in the Cameroon squad.

I think your football knowledge is slightly lacking here friend, the 4-2-3-1 formation is very popular with some of Europes elite. With the 2 quality holding midfielders it gives all 4 attacking players a lot of freedom but also gives huge protection to the back 4.

Sadly, those days are long gone! , however, we are one of the FEW clubs that have a MAJOR domestic trophy in the cupboard! - FACT!!

Guest TPAFKATS

All he has to do is to leave St Mirren and be thought about alongside Isma, Victor and Torfason as Johnny Foreigners who did us a right good turn. He doesn't want to go away being thought about alongside Wreh, Camara, or, my all-time favourite Saint, Steve Galloway.

Age isn't a concern, how old are Thommo' and Teale? It certainly is an imaginative signing, credit to everyone at the club for giving this a shot, hope it works out.

Aye

These newspaper stories branding him a 'Man United dud' are all good and well, but in United's red he was facing Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, with the demands being to make the team league champions and advance to the latter stages of the Champions League.

Now his remit is to help St Mirren finish above Partick or Ross County, and have a wee bash at the Scottish Cup, while maybe earning himself one last shot at a World Cup appearance.

I don't give a flying fcuk if he wasn't the next Scholsey, Keano or Giggsy.

Not exactly the most flattering write up of a player that I have ever seen, but hopefully he'll be hungry and eager to prove he is worthy of a place in the Cameroon squad. 

Pretty unflattering right enough. Hope he's hungry & eager to get a regular place in the saints squad.

Hopefully has an Isma style impact on the team. Looking forward to seeing him in action, might be the wee lift we need.

Im quite aware it's currently in vogue but this is the SPL and our 2 will still be playing in front of Cheesy and McGregor who are so far removed from Europes elite it's frightening. I'm not a Danny basher and I really hope this works out but it's going to take a complete rethink both in formation and personnel to accommodate Dj-Dj and in our current position this must be seen as a major gamble. We can only pick 4 attacking players in your formation so who will you be leaving out ?

I know we need to sort out the defence but who is out there . djembe is a great signing all the youngsters that go to see the saints will love watching his goal celebrations because they will come. granted we have plenty of midfield cover however might give current midfielders the kick up the arse they need . always good to sign an exciting player especially at this crucial time of the season . so good on danny and the backroom guys now give us a defender . isma didn't have the pedrigee this guy has and look at the impact he had . mon the saints

A note to all doubters about this signing. Just a few hours old and this news has registered nearly ten pages on B&W and St Mirren are the main topic on the sports pages and even the Weggies are perplexed at how we managed to out do them. PR job done.

Jim C.

They're not the only ones perplexed.

Who are The Weggies?blink.png

These newspaper stories branding him a 'Man United dud' are all good and well, but in United's red he was facing Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, with the demands being to make the team league champions and advance to the latter stages of the Champions League.

Now his remit is to help St Mirren finish above Partick or Ross County, and have a wee bash at the Scottish Cup, while maybe earning himself one last shot at a World Cup appearance.

I don't give a flying fcuk if he wasn't the next Scholsey, Keano or Giggsy.

I know , but if he is the next Isma , that would be good. .

djembe is a great signing all the youngsters that go to see the saints will love watching his goal celebrations because they will come.

His goalscoring rate appears to be 1 goal every 2 seasons.,,,,

The guy's been about a bit. Clearly he wasn't English Premiership standard and has bounced about since then. Seemingly the best period of his career was a few seasons in the Danish league with Odense. What standard is that? Denmark 17th in the coefficient, Scotland 23rd... Slightly better maybe.

A lot will depend on his attitude. If he adapts quickly, can protect the back 4 so we leak fewer goals then he'll be a good signing. With the role he plays though, I wouldn't expect him to be grabbing headlines in the same way that Isma did.

I have a theory as to how we managed to land Djemba2.

DD knows about Sir AF's background so when Danny phones him and starts talking incomprehensible Scots to the lad and mentions Saint Mirren he thinks it's Fergie on the phone reminiscing and giving him a second chance at Man U.

Boy is the guy in for a shock!whistling.giflol.gif