Lennon Out

I thought DL would have been sacked this morning, hopefully he will be gone before Saturday's match in Inverness.

Put him on gardening leave and bring in Tony Fitzpatrick as manager until the end of the season with the Thommohawk as his assistant.

I realise you mainly troll here and that any reply may be met with cries of "Woooosh!" however the first manager SG's new BoD bagged was Tony Fitzpatrick and I am sure SG said at the time that stuff had gone on under Fitzy's regime which would mean he shouldn't work in management again, or words to that effect?

It isn't the fans who have caused this.

I never said it was, but some fans are contributing to the air of negativity, hell bent on making their prophecies self-fulfilling

Correct it isn't the fans who have caused this in my opinion this is down to a mix of DL and the players. I can see both sides of the story here! Last night was the worst performance from a St.Mirren side I have witnessed in a long time but after 5 mins there was already groaning and moaning from the stands which can't be doing the players any favours and although guilty of doing this perhaps encouragement would be the better thing to do!!

That being said.... maybe the players could help the situation, from the minute the players walked out on the pitch last night the majority of them had their heads hung and didn't look interested. Even when the game broke for injuries fouls etc nobody took responsibility to raise spirits or try and change the attitude a bit (maybe Jim Goodwin would have been good in this situaiton??). The most frustrating thing to watch is the lack of heart and desire to fight for the relegation battle we now find ourself in. The fans did try to urge the players on at points last night and in previous games, and to be honest haven't seen a change in desire or effort in any way!

First time I have really said this but I agree now is the time for Lennon to go I think it would be the most positive thing that can happen... New manager, fresh ideas, new confidence possibly??... anything would be better than what I saw last night! COYS!!

I actually think the fans have been very patient with Danny.

8 defeats from 9 games.

I want him out, but it's the team I support, not the manager, so they will continue to get as much support as I can give.

We were just commenting on that last night. I expected the crowd to be spitting fury towards Lennon in the last couple of mins but nothing - a few boos at ft and that was it. Despite the outcry on here there seems to be a great deal of patience being shown by the vast majority who actualy attend games.

We were just commenting on that last night. I expected the crowd to be spitting fury towards Lennon in the last couple of mins but nothing - a few boos at ft and that was it. Despite the outcry on here there seems to be a great deal of patience being shown by the vast majority who actualy attend games.

Unfortunately I don't think it's patience, I think many people are just absolutely scunnered with it. We've just been so shite for so long people don't have the passion to get angry enough about it now. We know we are stuck with it and it's now just a matter of crossing the fingers and hoping to get through it.

What will happen is our attendances will continue to drop instead as people decide they are not going to shell out anymore to watch that garbage and complete apathy breaks out.

I don't think the current situation is good for anyone - the club, the manager, the players, or the fans. It's just rotten. Bad run, bad football, scunnered supporters - I think everyone is just fed up.

Something needs done either way. I've never been one for shouting from the rooftops calling for Danny's head, but yeah, I think he has to go. It'd probably be best for him too, in the long run, although I'm sure he'd want to see out his contract. Either that, or the players need a serious boot up the arse and sort themselves out. Too many have underperformed this season, for one reason or another. If only we had a team of John McGinn's..

I still think we'll stay up, but the current form is just unacceptable.

I actually think the fans have been very patient with Danny.

8 defeats from 9 games.

I want him out, but it's the team I support, not the manager, so they will continue to get as much support as I can give.

I haven't a clue whether or not a new manager at this point in time could save us from the play offs but we need a new manager now to start planning for next season regardless of what league we are in . Appointing someone at the end of June is too late.

My impression at the end of the game was one of apathy as well. Fans are so used to failing at home its just the normal outcome. Crowds are really dwindling as well, last night you could hear the players talking above the crowd noise, it must have been the smallest attendance yet.

I suppose it now doesnt matter if we lose every game to the end of the season , which is a possibility, as the play off games are the important ones.

Its just so sad to see such poor players wearing the colours and barely trying. As one or two others have said, we are not much of an addition to the SPL and perhaps have run our course and run out of luck. Someone has to go down unfortunately.

I haven't a clue whether or not a new manager at this point in time could save us from the play offs but we need a new manager now to start planning for next season regardless of what league we are in . Appointing someone at the end of June is too late.

That may be the hurdle to overcome regarding a new manager.

Do you know what the weirdest thing is. If Danny boy was to keep us in this league via a play-off win, it will probably go down by some as even more important to our history than the league cup win. To think that we will all be celabrating staying up like its actually some kind of achievement. What have we become.

Ha ! This rock n roll lifestyle is catching up with me :-)

I was impressed... then switched to BBC Scotland hoping to see a more in-depth interview with the baldy webmeister. Nothing. Not even a mention of St Mirren. Thought you were a Beeb media luvvy?

Poor show. STV had a reporter outside the stadium and everything. She was outside the shop. I am frankly disappointed there wasn't a big 'closing down sale - everything must go' banner on display... Would have been a laugh given the nature of the report.

Do you know what the weirdest thing is. If Danny boy was to keep us in this league via a play-off win, it will probably go down by some as even more important to our history than the league cup win. To think that we will all be celabrating staying up like its actually some kind of achievement. What have we become.

Would we get a cup like they do in England?.........

We have become the same Buddies as were at Stirling, Falkirk, Motherwell and other Great Escapes.

Earlier on in this thread, there was mention of rumours that senior players didn't support DL's methods, and were undermining him at every turn.

After last night, I hope they are not just undermining him, I hope there's a full scale mutiny. There have been some lows in DL's reign, but last night was the worst set up, most tactically inept Saints team that's been put out in a long time. Football management isn't rocket science. Play your best players in their best positions, occasional tactical changes to nullify opposition threats, while still playing your best players in their best positions. Oh, and PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS IN THEIR BEST FECKING POSITIONS.

Unfortunately I don't think it's patience, I think many people are just absolutely scunnered with it. We've just been so shite for so long people don't have the passion to get angry enough about it now. We know we are stuck with it and it's now just a matter of crossing the fingers and hoping to get through it.

What will happen is our attendances will continue to drop instead as people decide they are not going to shell out anymore to watch that garbage and complete apathy breaks out.

I agree with this, I didn't boo, I didn't scream at Lennon, I just shook my head and walked out of the stadium without looking back, for that now far too f**king familiar trudge down the back of the West Stand to the gate that they won't f**king open forcing us all to go through tiny doors at either side.

Someone in work asked me what I thought of the situation. I just shrugged. Says it all really.