Stoke Bid 4 Ohara

GeordieBuddie

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

Would bite your hand off for that. Ohara scored a few belters but mostly penalties. Found him to be anonymous 90% of the time and last 5 games top 6 never stepped up. Good money to reject.

If we do get an offer that the club accepts that is in excess of that would you kindly bite off both your hands? 

Your keyboard and the internet would benefit greatly! 

5 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Would bite your hand off for that. Ohara scored a few belters but mostly penalties. Found him to be anonymous 90% of the time and last 5 games top 6 never stepped up. Good money to reject.

Daftie alert !!!

On 6/4/2023 at 4:10 PM, GeordieBuddie said:

Stoke have apparently bid 750k for Mark O'Hara.

Rejected by the club, said to be holding out for 1m plus.

Probably twitter speculation as can't find a report about it.

Seen this been said in a few group chats, but all based on one guy on Twitter. Would hope that’s not the case!!

22 minutes ago, elvis said:

Some guy on Facebook saying he's been told O.Hara away for a million quid and Main away to Wrexham no idea if true certainly  hope not on O.Hara.

Presumably you'll be thrilled at us getting a million quid to have offloaded two players that you always forecast will lose every game they play in a St Mirren shirt.

4 hours ago, Dare said:

Think Mark fancies another go at down South and tbh can’t blame him for cashing in while his stock is high. If we get around £1mill then it’s not bad business for us

Don’t disagree. He is a very talented player.

17 hours ago, Dare said:

Think Mark fancies another go at down South and tbh can’t blame him for cashing in while his stock is high. If we get around £1mill then it’s not bad business for us

I think if you look at it in comparisons to what Aberdeen received for Ross McCrorie and Lewis Ferguson and the likes of Turnbull to Celtic, O'Hara is as good as any of those players and they have all sold for a minimum of £2m+.

9 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think if you look at it in comparisons to what Aberdeen received for Ross McCrorie and Lewis Ferguson and the likes of Turnbull to Celtic, O'Hara is as good as any of those players and they have all sold for a minimum of £2m+.

McCrorie, Ferguson and Turnbull are all younger than O’Hara and no offence to O’Hara, all three are better players. Ferguson and Turnbull both had Premier League interest too and still went for less than they were worth.

I’ve loved watching him and I hope he stays but for the club to take in £1m+ for someone we got on a free transfer from Motherwell then we’d be daft to knock it back.

If we pull seven figures for a guy who has had a journeyman career before us, it's a tremendous bit of business.

I'm not for selling the prized assets but I don't think even the most optimistic of us viewed O'Hara as a potential 'sign cheap, sell high' player when he joined last summer so for me, he'd go down as one of the best bits of dealing the club has ever done if the rumoured figure is correct and shows you what can be achieved with the right manager sounding out the right players for the system we play.

I will believe this deal when I see it. If we get 1M for O'Hara I will be amazed. Not because he isn't good enough but because we never get a decent fee our players. 

This could be an interesting pre season. Could also be a massive flop. Only time will tell.

The massive difference with O'Hara over pretty much every other player who has left us over the last few years is that he's got 3 years left on his contract.

That puts us in an incredibly strong position (unless we've agreed a release clause as part of his new contract, and I can't imagine why we would have).

If we got offered £1m for him it would be remarkable business and you'd hope that Robbo would get at least a decent slice of that to reinvest.

I'd be quite excited to see what Foyle and Robbo could find even with 3 or 4 hundred grand in the hipster.

On 6/5/2023 at 5:03 PM, elvis said:

Some guy on Facebook saying he's been told O.Hara away for a million quid and Main away to Wrexham no idea if true certainly  hope not on O.Hara.

I would have thought Wrexham would have a higher bar than Main....OHara for a million is good money and cant be turned down 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 9:49 AM, DougJamie said:

I would have thought Wrexham would have a higher bar than Main....OHara for a million is good money and cant be turned down 

At the end of the day despite being owned by superstars they are still only in league 2.  Financial fair play will apply and the lower divisions are a slog with 46 games of football before you take cups and potential play offs. 

A player like Main makes sense on a free. 

7 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Main is training with us again.

I know this may sound harsh but, if he can't find another club , we shouldn't be bailing him out. He didn't do enough to merit that. He chose to take the chance to find something better when he was offered a contract so why should we be his safety net. We've moved to fill his void.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I know this may sound harsh but, if he can't find another club , we shouldn't be bailing him out. He didn't do enough to merit that. He chose to take the chance to find something better when he was offered a contract so why should we be his safety net. We've moved to fill his void.

It's not as if we're paying him....really, what is wrong with offering training facilities to a guy who was more than a decent servant and a guy that played through injuries for the club. If nothing else transpires for him at least he'll be fit if we decide to find an accommodation for him.

That said it's a rumour from Warrior Saint so it's probably a lot of bollocks 😂

8 hours ago, WeeBud said:

It's not as if we're paying him....really, what is wrong with offering training facilities to a guy who was more than a decent servant and a guy that played through injuries for the club. If nothing else transpires for him at least he'll be fit if we decide to find an accommodation for him.

That said it's a rumour from Warrior Saint so it's probably a lot of bollocks 😂

You've got it wrong. I don't mind him training. I just don't want us to re-sign if he fails to find another gig.

13 hours ago, stlucifer said:

i'm not sure we have, his graft covered up a whole load of deficiencies and any talent we have signed will have to be just as committed as he has been and that is actually quite a rare thing.