St Mirren v Spartans Scottish Cup 3rd Round 29/11/16

shull

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Was going to say... I remember us over running Edinburgh City's midfield earlier in the season with the 'sluggish midfield'.

Do you remember Shankland scoring 10 league goals for us last season in a league where he can't score?

I enjoyed the Match and delighted we are still on the Road tae Hampden 

Played well although we are still playing too many slow passes between defenders and midfielders. 

Had to laugh at Saints fans actually applauding one of our players who trapped the ball correctly. 

That is how far we have fallen. 

Never mind. 

We are on our way back 

COME ON THE SAINTS 

8 hours ago, TopCat said:

Was going to say... I remember us over running Edinburgh City's midfield earlier in the season with the 'sluggish midfield'.

We were way more dominant last night (rightly so) but there was little evidence of the sluggish hour we saw v EC. The players looked hungry (angry even in Shankland when chasing his hat-trick). Yes this season has been awful but you have to give credit where it is due, it was a good all round performance last night. Nice to see a win.

Can't get carried away about a win over a non league club but certainly positives last night in the performances of Mallan, Magennis, Shankland, Naismith and the stand out McAllister.

Quinn and MacKenzie both getting game time was also hugely important.

Standard of goal in the first half in particular was excellent.

Hopefully scoring a few goals I'll help build the confidence levels a bit ahead of some absolutely crucial league games.

10 hours ago, Dare said:

Take a 5-1 win any time - hopefully gives the team a bit of confidence. Let's kick on now and get some points in the league

With you 100%

Dare I say that I enjoyed it!

Kyle Mcs Goal was Brilliant!

Rivals Stephen Mallan's against Dundee.

Two of the other goals were pretty good as well. 

I could not be bothered going last night but would have gone to the postponed game on Saturday, despite us still playing crap. If this instills any confidence into the team I will be surprised but will delighted if we do. In one hand I pity Jack Ross trying his best to get an inept team like us, on the other hand I do not pity him, he knew what he was taking on and that little money would be available in the transfer market come January, so was it a courtesy car and wage who knows, Unless a miracle happens and we do climb up to the top 4 which is probably a non-starter all we can realistically hope for is to avoid relegation. 

I agree with Gordon Scott to an extent "the revolving door for managers stops" but just how long do we watch dwindling crowds before a change of managers. In my opinion it will be the remainder of this season and probably next season if he avoids relegation this season.

Whatever the outcome I can confidently say I will always support St.Mirren.

Edited by stripey

8 minutes ago, stripey said:

I could not be bothered going last night but would have gone to the postponed game on Saturday, despite us still playing crap. If this instills any confidence into the team I will be surprised but will delighted if we do. In one hand I pity Jack Ross trying his best to get an inept team like us, on the other hand I do not pity him, he knew what he was taking on and that little money would be available in the transfer market come January, so was it a courtesy car and wage who knows, Unless a miracle happens and we do climb up to the top 4 which is probably a non-starter all we can realistically hope for is to avoid relegation. 

I agree with Gordon Scott to an extent "the revolving door for managers stops" but just how long do we watch dwindling crowds before a change of managers. In my opinion it will be the remainder of this season and probably next season if he avoids relegation this season.

Whatever the outcome I can confidently say I will always support St.Mirren.

Feck me..! Is that The revolving door broke as well..?

A good comfortable result against a lesser team which is exactly what we would expect.

Added to that some improving individual performances and excellent goals, nothing to really complain about other than conceding a goal (not keepers fault).

A needed confidence boost before Saturday.

Much improved energy and commitment from players and more appreciative sounds from the support.

Think this management team will eventually turn things around.

Special thanks to Spartans No/ 10  for providing us with another reason to smile last night......felt sorry for them......honest.

Also and I know this is a bit of a leap at the moment, does anyone else who was there last night think that the way young McAllister runs with the ball and drifts past his opponent (particularly for his goal) is reminiscent of the style of a certain Mr B Laudrup?   

1 hour ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

Saint Mirren disgrace themselves yet again! What on EARTH is going wrong with the club?!?!?! Imagine losing a goal to a non-league club? And at home as well! Shocking. Absolutely shocking!!! :angry:................. 

I was doing the club Twitter last night and the notifications showed some top BANTZ from a Morton fan when we conceded. I just managed to restrain myself from asking if he could think of the only full-time team ever to lose to Spartans in the Scottish Cup...