faraway saint

Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

Law of averages suggests we were due a defeat. We're probably due a rough patch too as our form for the last 22 months has been phenomenal.

Hopefully this is just a bad day, we've reacted well to our previous defeats this season.

FT 4-1

Not too surprised we’ve lost that after all that carry on during the week. Can’t have helped the preparations. Never expected a paddlin’ like that though.

Livi are clearly a decent side and could end up challenging us if they keep up their run of form.

Brechin at home next week, need to get 3 points there then keep the heed and get ourselves over the line.

We can make excuses - manager turmoil,,,  week off,,,,

But we were not strong or clinical today...  we are better than this but Utd must be fearful that Livi will finish above them..

We need to stop playing 1 system and have a plan B and we will need some guys who are taller and can fight better for the Premiership

Far too many players lost focus today. Whether it was the nonsense mid week or reading "champions elect" features by crap journos who know precious little of the sport they write about and how hard it is to keep league winning form.
If the players want this it's there for them but they've got to go out and earn it Livi and Utd aren't going to roll over and give them it.

Finish the job, today wasn't good enough. 

Edited by WirralSaint

Just now, WirralSaint said:

Far too many players lost focus today. Whether it was the nonsense mid week or reading "champions elect" features by crap journos who know precious little of the sport they write about and two hard it is to keep league winning form.
If the players want this it's there for them but they've got to go out and earn it Livi and Utd aren't going to roll over and give them it.

Finish the job, today wasn't good enough. 

Spot on. Now we have got that distraction out the way, the players must know what's expected. We're much better than this, and we'll prove it starting with Brechin next week! COYS

The Premiership has many better teams than Livi..... the scale of the task, rebuilding close season is massive - no wonder Jack was considering options..

We are the best team in this league but we cannot play like that in the Premiership or we will experience the opposite to the winning mentality we have had this season - they will go for the jugular..

Brechin only beaten today by a late goal - 3 minutes into injury time..

Fresh legs for next week - time to drop the worst performer each game and give the squad their chance to shine

After last season's 'Great Escape' - what now awaits us this season?

Whilst we have surpassed all expectations to sit top of the Championship at this point in time, this has been achieved through effort and organisation and the players being particularly focussed in most games.

The reality is that we are lacking genuine quality in most areas of the team and Jack Ross obviously recognises this fact going by his recent interview.

We will need to improve significantly to survive in the SPL next season.

Just to elaborate on my previous post, I have attached the following quote from Jack Ross' recent interview in the Daily Record:-

“I came here with a drive and a vision to take the club to where I believe it should be and I think we’ve made progress. But it’s still a country mile off where I want us to get to. There’s a lot of work still to be done, even this season, and it feels right to be here doing that work.

“I’ve been consumed by this from day one of pre-season when the squad were put under no
illusions about what their target is – to win the Championship. We have worked towards that every single day and I have to lead that. It has been a big driver for me over the last seven or eight months so to just stop and come away from that all of a sudden would be difficult.

“I don’t wish to sound too romantic about it but I
 desperately want to achieve and share success with these players. Football is about that love and enjoyment for the game and the rush you get from achieving success."

Hopefully we will win the Championship this season but let's not get carried away with just how good we are.

However, I believe that the necessary improvement will be achieved with JR at the helm.